ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres for 15 wheels??

ph2 172 and 106 gti
hi everyone,

i have ordered some 15" x 8" Compomotive TH Monos as i am going for a euro look with my car, i will probably want a bit of stretch on my tyres, at the moment think i am going to 195/45r15 tyres, but not sure if anyone else has 8" x 15" wheels could you post some pic up of what they will look like,

Thanks

ph2 172 and 106 gti
by x 8" i meant 8 inches wide, not 8 wheels, just gone for the four wheels,

M2 Competition
On a serious note, lots of people with stretches seem to use Toyo t1r's.

They have quite flexible sidewalls, and a pretty tread pattern.

195/45's wont be stretched much will they? Around half inch each side at a guess.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Tried bridgestones for a stretch, dont bother, they just didnt want to work. I've got federals but they are stupid crap grip wide in the wet. I also see a lot of Toyo's being used.

non sport
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\KY55YYK\100_1004.jpg

these are 15" x 8j. tyres are 195/50/15. would like more of a stretch to be honest

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Posting a link from your C drive wont post a link up mate lol Try uploading the pic on photobucket for example and then post the direct link.

Try going with 50 profile, the tyres are a little cheaper and it'll be easier to stretch

ph2 172 and 106 gti
thanks for all your help on this, 195/45r15 looks perfect to me, 50 profile is a little too much sidewall for me i think, and the 185/45 is a little too much strecth for me and seeing as its a daily,

and as for the 165/50 i like it i am a major fan of the stretch but thats too extreme for me!

And yes i see what you mean about the title, My Bad,:eek:

th monos, nice idea, lol, :D

haven't seen another clio with these wheels on yet, especially a ph2 172, should look awesome mate

BILD0320.jpg

i'm running 195/40/16's on mine.

clio-8.jpg

clio-7.jpg

ph2 172 and 106 gti
That looks outstandingly nice! i wanted the polished but wasn't sure if it would work on a silver, but i am loving yours!!

do you find you have to wash them alot as they told me they aren't laquered so are open to the elements and road salt, which also put me off the polished,

mine are diamond cut with a lacquer finish, but unfortunately the car is now garaged and doesn't get used EVER!:(

I've had the wheels now for about 3 yrs, and no sign of milking, but like i said, not used much, probably about 500 miles use since putting them on.

thanks for the comments.