ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do with 1.5k *few pics*

Got my clio up for sale but i think im kidding myself that a civic type R which was going to be next is actually any better... was going to put about 1.5k towards the clio to get the R but now wandering what to get with the money...?

Also can anyone think of some small exterior touches ?

Here's what i came up with..

Brembo HC disks, Ferado Ds2500, Moquip hoses, new fluid £270
Yozzasport full system inc de-cat £450
Two new rear tyres £150
Bootlid dent removed and bonnet resprayed to remove a couple of chips £250
Angelworks remap aswell as 60k service £400

Then H&R's in October...

I just keep thinking to my self is it worth spending all that on a clio though.. and yes i do, do the odd trackday :)

The car anyway...

DSCN2482.jpg

DSCN2468.jpg

DSCN2462.jpg

Pshop lol

flameorangemirrors.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
CTR wont be better but with the 1.5k on the car and your mileage it will be hard to sell in say 18/12 time and you will take a knock whereas take a knock now and buy another car maybe?

well my idea was the parts i shall be fitting can be removed and re-sold apart from brakes and tyres.

I do about 600 miles a year so after a year the mileage would be down quite a bit to nearly average for the year ?

Chocolate Bar™
i'll continue spending on my car until i seriously want to have something else. if you've already contemplated getting a type R, you'll still want one once you've spent the 1.5k on the cup. so i wouldnt bother if i were you

i'll continue spending on my car until i seriously want to have something else. if you've already contemplated getting a type R, you'll still want one once you've spent the 1.5k on the cup. so i wouldnt bother if i were you

I have a problem, ive had 7 car's in the last few years all hot hatches, only one i havent tried is a type R but i drove my mates and got back in the clio and it just felt nicer, and quicker, which swayed me back towards the clio ..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
no chance of a 197? little classier compared with the ctr.imo

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
well my idea was the parts i shall be fitting can be removed and re-sold apart from brakes and tyres.

I do about 600 miles a year so after a year the mileage would be down quite a bit to nearly average for the year ?

oh ok sorry i thought you did alot, middo is right tbh when you want another car you will never be happy

If you want one get one tbh.

And i say get one, yeah you may take a hit but you'll never know till you've got one, and well if you dont like it you can always sell it tbh You only live once, if you aint completely happy then just change!:)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
fraid not, i have 2.5k cash plus what i get for the clio basically, if i sold it.

just out of curosity would you buy a 197 compared to a ctr?
i thought thr ctr was still up 8-9k?

1.8 8v RSi
Yeah, but i want them in anthra and im under the impression they dont do them anymore ? :(
guy selling anthricite 2118s off his liquid for £500ish
search for sale section

*edit* nevermind the car with them on is sold

C

Cupster

The pic with the 2118's looks mint (bar the mirrors!)

Forget the Type R mate

S2000 ( yellow with a hard top ) is always on the list, Whiteley, you cant use me as a guine pig :( lol...

Clio 197
I know everyone is different, but I went to a CTR from my 182 and regretted it. The Civic isn't a bad car but it just doesn't have the same character. I'm back with a 197 now and love it.

Try and get some serious time in the CTR before committing.

BMW M5 & E36
Whiteley, you cant use me as a guine pig :( lol...

You're older, therefore richer :cool:

Seriously though, it'd be a shame to let the car go for another one that you dont 100% seem convinced about. Could end up even more expensive if you change your mind again.

Renault Clio 172 Ph 2
Hi mate

Just my thoughts:

In the past I've owned a Civic Jordan,Pug 205 Gti 1.9, 2x CTR's (52 plate & 06 plate Premeir) and Focus ST 2.

I've now own a 02 black/gold 172 Renault Sport its been a couple of weeks of ownership and with a change of all the engine mounts, its become the best drivers car I've ever owned. I miss the V-tec and build quality, but that is about it. When I'm driving down the fosse and I hook up one bend after another it feels great.

You have a real tidy Clio, I'd make sure your 100% sure before you make the move.

Good luck mate.

John

Not much intrest really, i think the money is going to be spent on the clio :) i love driving it now ive sorted my engine mount it handles so much better too it seems...

Im feeling some brakes, H&R's, and some white detailing (elf stickers on the mirrors, rear badges white, few other white stickers, nothing OTT)

ITB'd 182...
im in the same boat. realy bored with the car. fancy a change. but like otheres have said mileage is a problem when it comes to selling and mine is nearly on 56k :(

172 /megane cab
i would put money on it that you will wish you would of spent the money on the clio it will be a special little clio then if you get a type r you will have a type r like every other one you see every day