ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the **** am i doing wrong with these photos?

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I am in the process of paint correction, i cannot get the bloody pics to look good, i have a point and shoot Samsung L201 10.2 meg pix, i have tried a few settings to no avail, this is taken on scene selection with the selector on close up and no flash.:mad::mad:

I cant get the swirls in focus
blah2fh2.jpg

the end result then is flat paint and the halogen lamps are not a sharp image, but to look at it its looks wet and glossy
blahqa3.jpg

Oil Burner
Its hard to tell if they are in focus or not, however my best advice for compact cameras is to make sure macro is on. Also try different angles, quite often a lower angle is better. You may well find in artificial light, the focusing ability is not as good as in decent daylight.

Cupra
put your finger on the paint, focus on that, lock focus (keep the button half pressed), remove your finger and press all the way down.

Rally bus
standing too close to the car? lenses have a minimum focus distance, might be too close if it doesn't have a macro feature.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
you need to use manual focus buddy, the autofocus will just focus the reflections of the lamps but you need to adjust it to capture the surface imperfections

IMG_4491.jpg

as for the final shot try putting stuff that reflects in it to give an impression of the shine

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg