ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what springs

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
i have a 172 cup and am wanting to lower the car. what is the best springs available, how low should i go and where is the best place to get the springs from.

Golf R/Leon FR
apex 40mm from motorsportworld.co.uk or john2modified.

although there is an apparent 4 wk wait on the springs from apex. im waiting for a set.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
mate,
i've just fitted PI 25mm front and 15mm rear springs to my '03 ff 172. lots of people on here **** them off for being cheap rubbish but i cant fault them. the car feels much tighter and there is no body roll. for the price i don't think you can go wrong. i cant comment on other more expensice springs but really cant see them being much better unless you're gonna use the car solely for the track...

clio cup 226
got apex -40mm on my 172 phone up BB thats where i got my ones from, power flex rollbar bushes help aswell for the bends
BB number 01787 220456

R

rich[182]

bigsymo - you still on the original standard dampers all round ? how much for springs ?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Gweebs said:
Got Eibach Sportlines fitted a couple of days ago.

EXCELLENT!!! :approve:

Did they lower the car by much. Hows the ride/handling compared to standard.

Megane225FF
if you're wanting lower, dont get eibach pro's - they'll only lower 10mm at best. Better than std, but not good for the looks.

clio cup 226
found less roll i find she handles fine , looks just right no gaps in the arches and my one is still on the o/e dampers

Focus ST
mc50 said:
Did they lower the car by much. Hows the ride/handling compared to standard.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134849

I realise the pics don't show much, but the car performs 10 times better.
Braking and cornering feel better/sharper.

The overall appearance looks a lot better now too, without being aggressive. Basically looks like a sports car should. :D

And its all on std shocks at the mo. It all feels good at the mo but will get the shocks done soon.