ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What speakers fit into a Clio 182??

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hey guys wanting to upgrade my sound system in my 2005 clio 182 cup.

What size splits can the doors take? Will 6.5" fit in the doors? Or do i have to stick to 5 1/4s?

Anyone with experience with this? Or what brands/models have ppl fitted successfully into their cars?

I'd prefer to go 6.5s obviously but not if it means doing extensive modifications to fit?

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Thanks kyle. have u upgraded to 6.5 urself? and did u hav any idea which model/brands as they all vary in depth obviously :S

Listerine & Poledo
In fairness, the OEM speakers are more than up to the job, just let down by a naff stock head unit.

Change your head unit, get a small sub (Underseat if you prefer to keep a boot), use the HU to filter bass to the speakers, it works.

Clio Sport 182 Cup
haha na id prefer to just replace the speakers as well. im a bit anal when it comes to audio and enjoy good quality audio.
dont think the stock speakers will be up to what i want to achieve unfortunately..

Listerine & Poledo
riiiiiiiight.

so if you're that into it then I guess you'll be getting a sub of some descripton. As such, do that bit first THEN worry about pouring money into your doors. By the same token you wont need the extra inch of speaker cone if you're running a sub. That said, if you're that committed to the cause, why not, it's just a case of cutting away at the door cards.

You'll want to use ALL THE SOUND DEADENING too.

Seriously, those OEM speakers will be fine unless you're going to start adding more amplifiers, in which case yes, you'll need them changing out

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not worth fitting good speakers untill you have sound dead the doors.

I've done mine.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Nah ive not bothered with 6.5 as of yet. Might do it in the future
You will never get full potential from a good component speaker without amping them. But im not going to bother with that im just going to get an underseat sub for a bit more bass

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Thanks for the relplies guys! :)

I'll be running
- alpine cde-148ebt head unit
- polk db6501 6.5" splits
- infinity reference ref1260w 12" sub - 300wrms@4ohm single voice coil
- alpine mrx-f65 4/3/2 channel amp - 4x110w rms @4ohm

Clio 172 Flamer
Nah ive not bothered with 6.5 as of yet. Might do it in the future
You will never get full potential from a good component speaker without amping them. But im not going to bother with that im just going to get an underseat sub for a bit more bass

Kyle, you tried pulse over Hadleigh way for that sort of stuff, thinking of taking mine into them next month... I am after opinions

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Kyle, you tried pulse over Hadleigh way for that sort of stuff, thinking of taking mine into them next month... I am after opinions
Nah ive not been there yet dan. I avoid them as their stupid expensive

There are people on here that has done the bigger conversion, I just wanted a bit more bass from the speaker so ive decided on a underseat subwoofer soon

Clio 172 Flamer
Nice, my back seats are out and prepping to build a false floor, might do something with that, hopefully in time for CSS!

Listerine & Poledo
Thanks for the relplies guys! :)

I'll be running
- alpine cde-148ebt head unit
- polk db6501 6.5" splits
- infinity reference ref1260w 12" sub - 300wrms@4ohm single voice coil
- alpine mrx-f65 4/3/2 channel amp - 4x110w rms @4ohm

nice plan. :)
Although, personally, I'd go for the Alpine power-pack amp and an all-in-one sub (just for having less wiring to contend with, lol)
Dont forget the deadening though, else all you'll have is a lot of loud rattles.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I know them quite well, that's where all of my stuff came from.

They are not stupid expensive at all and offer good advice.

Clio Sport 182 Cup
nice plan. :)
Although, personally, I'd go for the Alpine power-pack amp and an all-in-one sub (just for having less wiring to contend with, lol)
Dont forget the deadening though, else all you'll have is a lot of loud rattles.

Cheers man :)
so how much sound deadening do i need to get?
And should i do the whole door?

also not sure what gauge amp wiring kit to get and speaker wire? any ideas??