ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Size Bore CAF Pipe?

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi All,
Im after getting a CAF pipe for my BMC Induction Kit for my RS 172 however im not sure what size bore i need for it?
The Pipe I got with it was useless, anyone who ordered one of these Kits would know!.
If anyone knows where the best place to get a Pipe I would be grateful, Ive tried Russ@Gas but no response, as have a number of my friends but he obviously doesnt value custom cause he never responds.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Yeah but hes selling his cause hes got the wrong size! Im not sure the 70mm is the correct size for the BMC ind kits?

not sure for that particular IK but could you not get just measure the diameter , shouldn't be that far off 60mm-70mm range tbh

Renault Clio 172 Sport
I will measure later, Im just being lazy. Im at work and was going to order one on the net. Suppose I will just wait till i get off my ass and measure it!.
Does anyone know where to get a Viper CAF from cause I want one of them little red pipe ends which site on the front grill. Had one on my old clio and look mint.

any good motor factors , i got mine from pipercross for free , i have the viper and you are allowed an extention caf for free when and where you proove you purchased the viper .

anyway 82mm dont think the pipercross caf come exactly in that size ....you may need to go slightly bigger

Mk4 .:R32
It's defo not 70, that would be way too small, I measured it at about 82/83mm. So I reckon you should go for 85mm CAF

RB 182
I ordered some 76mm Dia CAF for my 172/182 BMC and it was hard to get on... I would recomend 85mm. Depends on the CAF your getting. Mine had spirol wire in it and it wouldn't expand. Cheaper stuff does, therefore much easier to slip onto the BMC.

RB 182
Opps, think i went for 80mm and it was too tight... I think 85mm is best! I will check tonight on my invoice! Best thing to do is measure the BMC ;)