ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What product to stop windscreen glare?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi I have an eye condition called keratoconus where I experience extreme glare and ghosting from lights... obviously a nightmare at night. What's the best product I can be cleaning my windscreen with to stop this as much as possible? Cheers.

BG 182 FF
I too have keratoconus and wear a RGP lens. I don't think there's much you can do with your eyes for night driving so just make sure the windscreen is as clean as possible inside and out.

I find problems with the low sun and wet roads which has me driving with my eyes almost closed so make sure you've got decent sunglasses for the daytime.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I would agree with the above.

This is my field of work and unfortunately your Corneas are irregular. I would try Gtechniq and a glass polish. Cleaning/changing the wiper blades help loads.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
G-Techniq G1/5 will reduce the need to use your wipers which could help reduce smearing on the screen.
I like AF Crystal for a glass cleaner but as said just keep it as clean and smear free as possible.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks, I'll give that a go.

I'm still very new to KC... only started earlier this year. NHS are so crap and I actually work for them, keep cancelling appointments etc. for no reason. Hoping to get cross-linking if I'm eligible.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm not sure on who is eligible for that. Its up to the consultant & money etc.

Are you on contact lenses?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Not yet I'm still waiting to find out (has taken months longer than it should thanks to NHS) probably start me off on rigid lenses?

Hoping to get referred for a CT at least so the cross-linking process can begin... it's already been mentioned to me at least.

BG 182 FF
I've never had any problems with the NHS and keratoconus. In my area there is a certain opticians who deal with all the referrals rather than the hospital so I just phone for appointments like normal.

I've never heard of cross-linking before, is it a treatment that doesn't need lenses because mine can get quite uncomfortable when they've been in a while.

I hope you get yours sorted and manage to get appointments organised.