ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What part of the Clio...

Fiesta ST-3
Do you hate detailing the most?

I detailed the clio for the first time this weekend after a week of ownership and theres always one part of a car that i think urgh... I know some of you clean freeks love it all but personally for me i found the front end a b**ch. With all the different angles, shapes and flies.

Normally its the wheels. Discuss.

DCi 100
I'm cringing at the thought of using a machine polisher on the s**t plastic wings having not tried it yet.

Other that that it's the windscreen, that is never clean. Along with the arches that are a pain upside down. Then there's hoovering the interior when it rains literally everyday with no inside place to do it.

As above Alex, the DA won't generate enough heat to harm the plastic panels on a Clio.

Ph1 front bumper, spoilers and CF. CF never seems to be quite as easy as you hope :(

A one off deep clean will help with that :) wash down, cut back, sealed up and the brake dust should wash off with warm water and a decent mitt/assortment of brushes.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Its got to be the front end. DA is fine on the plastic wings.

JD I recently did my wheels..Deep clean was such a pain, but def worth it in the long run. Brake dust washes straight off.

1.5dci
the non-sport front bumper, it's awful, never actually cleaned it properly, there's tar stuck to it that i can't get off, and to make it worse my knee cane just to get down that low, if i try to stay crouched longer than a min my knees give out and i just fall back (on to the now wet road due to washing it!)

Second hate is the windscreen, it's never clean enough. I always have to make sure my glasses are clean else it annoys me, then getting into the car where the windscreen is dotted with crap makes me really annoyed as i'm usually driving before it annoys me, at which point i can't do anything about it

Clio MK 4
alloys. i always wash the car first then alloys. Always wish i could click my fingers and alloys are clean. hate that bit

Not a 320d
Wost bit is when ive spent about 8 hours on the yearly machine polish, and i stop and look once the paintwork is nigh on perfect, and realise its still a clio.

Fiesta ST-3
Oh i thought i might add the parts of the car that secretly hold water. You know when you think its 100% dry and you take the polish to the car and low and behold theres water...

Fiesta ST-3
So a new one to the list now I have the 197...

The rear defuser. It's always stinking and I always manage to catch it with the polish pad. Everything else about the 197 is pretty good to clean, except the interior as the buckets are a nightmare to manoeuvre around.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dressing plastics! That's why C4 was invented. Hateful task!

Oh and I don't do interiors.