ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What made you choose your Rs or Clio ?

I dunno if this has been posted before.

But i was wandering.

What made you choose a Clio for your current car ?

And why in the colour its in ?

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I've loved the ph2 clio since before i was driving, I dunno why just like the shape and stance of it...from then I was like I'm gonna get one of those sport ones and less than 2yrs down the line i did!
Didn't really know what I was getting, and how much of an awesome car you get in a little clio and for the price compared to others on the market.

And in Racing Blue cause it's clearly the best and a head turner :rasp:

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I didn't have enough cash-money at the time for a decent low miler teg type r which led me to the clio. I have a cup so there was not a huge colour choice. But when its clean its one of the best Rs colours imo.

Caterham 270R
Agreed racing blue

I love the mean front end view , love the clio cup Btcc support stuff. I had a 206 Gti before which was rubbish and it kept breaking down, looked at a 182 before i bought the pug and wished i never bothered.

The grip levels are spot on too ..

RB 200 Cup!
i chose my original sport just becuase ive always had a thing for clios - evry time i see a RS im just like wow!

Value for money.
No other hot hatch came close to the spec on the 182 for the same money.

Why did I buy my particular one? Rare colour and low miles.

Nissan 350z
Because when you pass your test you have a few popular low insurance choices:

- Corsa.
- Punto.
- Lupo/Golf.
- KA
- Clio.

So i picked the obvious choice :)

Partner's Astra SRi
I was looking for my first car and Mum had a Clio before which I really liked so I knew I wanted a Clio. My favourite colour is Navy Blue and as soon as I saw it on Autotrader I knew it was the car for me. Now I have completely fallen in love with Monaco Blue (as some may know) and I'm aiming for a MB172.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Wasn't sure whether I wanted a cup or FF, then a cup popped up for silly money so I took it!

Golf
Low miles, 3 year warranty, best colour when clean (Black). To be honest a was looking for an ST but wasnt impressed on the test drive and the salesman mentioned the 172. Took that out for a quick drive and really enjoyed it, the rest is history lol

Because a Clio RS or Civic Type R was my dream car that I wanted to own at some point :)

The RS is cheaper than the CTR in every way, running and insurance + tax etc.

Colour wise, it was either arctic blue or yellow!

Focus ST
Value for money, Insurance was cheap, Performance is great, Good economy, Easy to make nice with some subtle mods

My next car will be a 182 hopefully - This time next year

Golf GT TDI
i had alwas had hot hatches so it was rude not to.

my list is

2000-2001= peugeot 205 XS
2002-2004=peugeot 205 GTI 1.6
2004-2008= peugeot 306 GTI6

then sold the 306 and got another mint low millege 205 GTI this time a 1.9, and as you can imagine these cars are not ideal for every day driving ie: long distance trips etc. Having worked for renault from 2005-2007 i got to drive loads of the renaultsport range loved the 182 but when the chance to pick up my 53 plate 172 with one owner from new with FRSH for 3k i couldnt resist. especily as it was advertised for £4350 :)

Ph1
Because at the time this was the Hot Hatch to have (pre CTR years) plus there wasnt any RS Fords on the new car market to choose from.

Tons of kit for the cash and great value for money

Focus RS Mk1
i choose my clio because it was the best of both worlds...coming from my supercharged track prep'd saxo and my daily driver KA i wanted rid of both and just one car. The clio was still pokey enough to amuse me but still had all the reliabilty and comofort for an every day driver. a nice amount of power with some toys.

Still french hot hatch and still a quite nice looking car. Found mine excellent condition a bit early but bought it anyway and stored it for 2-3 months before i drove it at all. while it was there i did the basic's. coilovers exhaust filter etc!

Cracking little car really and only had a few minor problems with it but nothing too costly :)

Trophy #490
The brilliant reviews, the handling, price, speed, the whole package really.
I know Capsicum Red is a bit of a marmite colour, but I personally love it. Looks fantastic when its clean. :cool:

Oh and what I love the most, having the ability to embarrass cars that cost three/four times as much as my little red Clio does! Being young means I have to fork out way too much on insurance, but the smile it never fails to put on my face is worth it easily. :D

182 FF Inferno
Similar to others, value for money. Was after a CTR but could get a far newer RS for the same money.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
my old tdi bora 155bhp the engine was shot.

my gf was coming up to passing her test and she wanted something little to park etc. but i wanted something fun and something with power.

so we compomised and the clio rs was a perfect choice. and the spec isnt bad, was suprised at it having cruise control and hids.

called up a guy on Autotrader one day and decided to take one for a drive (yes I admit is I was intending to be a test pilot) and I had no intention of buying it, just wanted to see what they were like. After a test drive I was sold and I bought it on the spot without hesitation!

love it like jelly :D

A Flamin' Red one
I fell in love with the MK2 PH1 clio after seeing one in Redline magazine about 8 years ago I guess. All he'd done to it was colourcoding, TSW alloys (I was young!), lowered.. all the nice little touches. It really stood out for me because there it was in a magazine full of bodykitted Corsas, mad Jap Supras - and it still looked looked smart.

Then one day many years later my best mate called me up to say he'd traded in his his Fiesta for a 172. He'd kept it all under wraps untill now, and swung by to pick me up. All it took was for me to sit in those leather/alcantara seats whilst he gave it a quick blast up my road and I was hooked!

I think the real determination to own one came when a big group of us went to Wales for a stag do. We'd had a messy night out but needed to be up early to go rock climbing. My mate was absolutely twatted the night before and just handed me his keys that morning with the word "urrrghhh!" I got to drive his car for about an hour and I really did just fall in love. Even five-up it pulled well. The seat was hugging and comfy, the steering felt precise, the steering WHEEL felt good - I felt good!

Soon after my mum bought a Dynamique which I shared with her. I joined this forum, saw a picture of a Flame Red 172... and the rest is history!

Italian 3.2 V6
-Most family have worked within renault, including my dad and uncle who runs a Renault garage.
-always had a thing for renault clips
-value for money
-look class
-up the top with the other contenders
-more than a good all rounder!!

Clio 182 Trophy
HP was coming to an end on the corsa, was looking at 182's, 197's and corsa VXR's for a while. Test drove all 3 and found the 182 to be most fun, then discovered the Trophy thinking to myself "Nah, i'll never get hold of one of those" low and behold, drove past Renault and there she was...went back and that was it...fell in love.

Colour...didnt have much choice really...but she does look stunning after a good clean :)

If i didnt have the Trophy tho, woulda gone for Liquid Yellow

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
always wanted one since the 172's came out, then my sis started going out with marc 1330 (who happened to have a 172 cup). I then waited around, realy to find a great buy which had to be a low miler cup with CC, as i use it on a regular basis so needed the extra bit of comfort! Also i would admit i did want the cup in blue to start but i would put iceberg in the same league for looks :D Plus fewer about the place :D

C

Cupster

Phase 1's, making 325i's cower since the year 2000

lol ,like that ^

I love mine as its just such an all rounder.

Quick, practical, cheap to run(ish), looks good but doesn't stand out in a carpark..... winner tbh

Elise S1 B&C 140
Couldnt afford a Cooper 'S' works - didnt like the standard S and this was definatley the best hatch of the rest for the money. Looking back for the money I paid should have bought a 182 in LY - next upgrade for me i guess

LY V6 with Recaros
I bought the RB 182 because I always liked the ph2 1*2's but couldn't afford one when I first started driving. When I finished college and got a full time job I treated myself to a new 182 because I'd seen a couple in RBs on the road and loved the colour! Plus it was the quicked, best handling and most well equiped car I could find for the money and I didn't read a bad review about it.

I bought the vee because I'd wanted one since pretty much when they first came out and it was the car I'd been aiming for since my first car. And LY is the best colour for them!

Formally Clio 182
My first car was a Clio Billabong 1.2. (loved it)
My second car was a Peugeot 307 1.4 (Hated it)

My third car is the Renault Sport 182 2.0.

Reason I got it was because I loved the billabong so much and after owning a pug wanted a Clio back, but wanted a bit more "Va va voom!" so went for the 182 which in my opinion was a better drive than the 197 (on my test drive).

With regards to colour being black, well it was either that or silver as thats all they had in stock for 2nd hand and there's too many silver cars on the road. I can just look out of the window at work into the car park and see silver owns all the other colours.

clio 182 black /gold
I just love Black cars. This is my third one with a hint of gold when it shines. No chance of that with the snow about.