ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this engine bay missing?

Black one
What's this engine bay missing please?

The brakes are non existant on the car btw - is this lack of something the cause?

IMG_0298_zps427c42fc.jpg

The two wires come off that main loom and go nowhere

IMG_0299_zpsd9f8d241.jpg

There's also a pulley with nothing on it

IMG_0301_zps62c75ff0.jpg

Any help appreciated.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Surely it can't be driven that far, brakes working or not.... Your water pump won't be working!!

Yep alternator is missing

You can see in this pic

IMG_0301_zps62c75ff0.jpg

The bottom bracket is there - the top bracket is there - the big power cable with the O-ring on the end is the mains feed from the alternator - and the wires going nowhere also should go to the alternator

You need the bottom bolt, to bolt, alternator, belt etc...

But as said that same belt runs the water pump so if you drive it much it will overheat and the head gasket will go bang pretty quickly

You wouldn't have a PAS pump as it's electric on those cars

I guess the alternator packed up, the guy took it off to replace it and then gave you the car

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
No no!!
:)
The two ph1 1.2's I worked on both had the alternator at the back of the engine!
​some renault 19's also had this setup!

Edit....

Lol @ Danny...
I'll get you a picture later :p
Fair enough, I've never seen one with that setup. Pics ;)

Evo
Simple enough way to find out, does the charge warning light come on? He says it drives fine so presume not which means alternator is present???

Here is how it should look

BottomHoseOff1.jpg

Looking at the pics again Danny is definitely right, that big pulley is actually your crank pulley by the looks of it.
Angles of the original shot made it look weird

You can see on that pic where the hose goes to the water pump - so it looks like you're just missing the alternator and an alternator belt

Black one
Brilliant thanks for the help from the useful people, I'll grab one this weekend. By runs, I meant it ran fine when I took it off the lorry and stuck it in the yard.

On the hunt for an alternator, belt and brackets this weekend then!

Black one
There seems to be a few different alternators...

Does Air Con make a difference? Or is it just 8V and 16V difference?

Cheers