ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

V6 255
Jacked it up, fitted the rear goodridge brake lines, new rear cup shocks and rear eibach pros

Moved to the front, tried the bleed nipple on the o/s caliper and it sheared off. Also the bump stops had perished on the front shocks so didn't bother changing anything.

As a result it's a funny thing to drive. Really firm at the back, but soft at the front. And I don't know if it's my brain playing tricks knowing it's been lowered at the back, but it seems to be pointing upwards like I'm taking off - ok a little poetic license there but...

New caliper ordered and new bump stops so should get the new pads, disks, lines and front suspension on this week

306 GTI-6
Changed the spark plugs and also gave it some more Tesco Momentum, once i realised I get much better mpg with it than using Sainsburys Super

renault clio 182
Sanded down all of my four turinis ready for paint in primer forgot how much hassle multi spokes are tho backs smashed!!

Inferno 225 cup
Put these wheels on, a little unsure so if you like pm me.

Cleaned under arches, and gave it a little detail.

f2b1cd12.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Refitted front sachs with new sportline springs. Also set up my front camber to -1.5 deg.

All by myself, in the rain, after a big pub dinner and a pint.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
1 of the metal brackets on the back box that goes into the exhaust hanger snapped off. I made a phone call to Hayward and Scott custom exhaust company in Basildon and they welded it back on. The left tailpipe (182) was sagging and thought it was the rubber in the exhaust mount bracket... Until I looked under the car this morning before work :eek:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Masked the front of the car up and sprayed the grill with some satin black.

I did try taking it off the other week but failed, so I took the lazy man option instead. :approve:

172 Sport
I sprayed my inlet, then sanded down the writing and decided I preferred it without and sprayed it again.

580762_10151224303715130_968975760_n.jpg

And I refurbed my spare wheel which I never even have in the car which I will be replacing one of my curbed wheels with. Not bad for a rattle can job, just need to get my tires swapped.

532359_10151224304170130_64892992_n.jpg

Masked the front of the car up and sprayed the grill with some satin black.

I did try taking it off the other week but failed, so I took the lazy man option instead. :approve:

How's the grill turned out painting it in situ?

Did you manage to 'mask' up behind it to stop the overspray haha

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Petty good tbh, it looks exactly the same as other peoples grills they removed to spray.

I slotted some paper in between the grill and the radiator so I didn't cover it in paint,
I did get a tiny bit of overspray at the bottom where the grill meets the bumper,
due to masking tape lifting a little, but I just removed it with some tar remover.

The fact that the bumper's shiny fibreglass helps as the paint didn't really stick to it,
so it was easy to remove, if you're careful and take your time masking it up properly you shouldn't have a problem.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Let my car stand in the drive feeling sorry for itself, unwashed and unloved... and on the fuel light.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Driven it, parked it and then got pissed off with the fact all 10 miles I have done today have resulted in my spotless white wheels having dirty water splashes all over them