ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Filled up with 95 octane. I'm not convinced that bp ultimate is any better, especially for 10p per octane in every litre.
I'll change my mind when my engine melts though!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think the BP stuff gets sold often enough, so it just sits around in the tanks for ages going off.

People have complained about that fuel for many years.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Got the wheel aliment checked and adjusted on the car.

It drives so much better now.

Before.
476cdb25a7ef79e427c6c120d1490489.jpg

After.
82d05c53295e1c0b7e97a609c265f632.jpg

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Gone to see Chris the welder to double check the seat rail placement. Hopefully he'll have those welded in this afternoon, and might be able to finish off the cage too.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Oil change, gearbox oil topped up, spare air filter fitted while I clean and re-oil the main one, splitter bodged back on, stage 1 of operation kennel clean, f*ck me it's filthy in there, bloody sh*t weather has covered the dog in mud, which in tern has covered the interior of the car in mud.

renault clio 172
Took it out for its first good run from wellington to minehead then up porlock hill towards blackwater gate then back slong north devon link road to home and flipping loved it

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Gearbox oil change for me. Foul stuff :cry:. To get the oil in I butchered a 2 pint plastic milk bottle to make a funnel - so when upside down the milk bottle handle curved just the right amount to fit in the top-up hole :tonguewink:.

Also cleaned up the plastic undertray - 'twas hanging :tired:!

Engine oil and filter change tomorrow.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Rammed 30 miles of unneeded connectors behind my radio so I can plug my ipod in and fook the radio off tomorrow.

Hang on, where's my ipod gone??

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Cured my first rattle today.....with a judicious use of a Nando's receipt :tonguewink:

IMG_6378.JPG

Just about to attempt the following:
Oil service
Lowering springs
New dampers
Camber bolts
Exhaust hangers
Bleed brakes
Service my mates Astravan (oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter)

Fun times...

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Dismantled and reassembled the rear brakes to make sure everything is sound (car is new to me). Then gave everything a good clean and dressed with Auto Finesse Dressle :up:

Before....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Not mine but fitted full leathers from the fiesta metal to my mum's new runabout. The seats need a clean as they are all dusty from storage.

15b0235d8564ca528476d43f09723734.jpg

That and took my mates beater Golf to the Albanians before I took it back to get my Clio. Kind of miss the Golf tbh. Anyone fancy a 197?

046991b42eadbd424d1e73ddb7e4eb7d.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not mine but fitted full leathers from the fiesta metal to my mum's new runabout. The seats need a clean as they are all dusty from storage.

15b0235d8564ca528476d43f09723734.jpg

That and took my mates beater Golf to the Albanians before I took it back to get my Clio. Kind of miss the Golf tbh. Anyone fancy a 197?

046991b42eadbd424d1e73ddb7e4eb7d.jpg

Get a PD engined something and make it quick!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Took it for a well deserved drive to the cafe with a nice blast through the lanes on the way home. :cool:

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Wiped the dash down, cleaned the glass inside, replaced that silly plastic bush on the gearbox and whipped the inlet off to change the spark plugs, which were well past their best even though they weren't due for replacement.
Got tracking to do (again!) and gearbox oil change this weekend.

Clio 182
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Done a few things this week
Painted wheels black really impressed
Had the stripes fitted
And fitted the 197 steering wheel feels a lot better than the original