ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

RB Clio 182
After 8 months of a worn wiper linkage squeaking like mad..
I finally changed it!!!

such a relief :D

Was it definitely worn?

I sorted my front screen washers out last year, and i didnt fit my wiper mechanism back on the little notch it is supposed to slot back on to, so i did it again correctly which eliminated the horrible noise it made.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Fitted powder coated exhaust heat shields and the N/S rear hub after it being powder coated. :D

Was it definitely worn?

I sorted my front screen washers out last year, and i didnt fit my wiper mechanism back on the little notch it is supposed to slot back on to, so i did it again correctly which eliminated the horrible noise it made.

I know the thing you're on about...it was in that alright :)
The linkage just above the washer bottle has about 1-2mm play in it!
Just that one linkage has play in it the rest are fine for some reason...

RB Clio 182
I know the thing you're on about...it was in that alright :)
The linkage just above the washer bottle has about 1-2mm play in it!
Just that one linkage has play in it the rest are fine for some reason...

Ahh ok mate, just making sure because it makes such a racket when its not sat on the little tiny smelly knob.

Megane 225 f1
Drove mine to work and back. Also picked up a skoda splitter from the stealers and got the wheels booked in for a refurb and colour change!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Pulled mine to bits looking for the lack of drive at Blyton recently. Dropped the box oil and it was clean/free of metal. Pulled the shafts and they're all intact. Checked the diff retaining bolts and they're all intact to so fek knows.

All working again but I don't trust it. The clutch was brand new to so I'm wondering if I damaged the friction plate.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Weird? That's the cards way of getting a Quaife ;)

Not happening mate, my goal This year is to drop £20k off my mortgage as we want a really nice new house so that's more important to me now.

Personally I can't trust the gearbox so it's got to come off and i have a replacement landing tomorroe but I think the sprung friction plate is damaged and that's what caused the temp loss of movement. It won't last another track session if that's the case so as it was only two weeks old I'm gonna take a gander next week and try for a warranty replacement with Valeo.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I fitted a new number plate light today and that's good for me .....................

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Clean the boot out and put a lot of stuff in the bin and then done this :eek:

172Alloys13.gif

Black 182 FF
Coolant change and flush + new thermostat gasket
Checked tyre pressures

Oh and drove it for the first time in a week or so.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Re-fitted a freshly lubed up rear brake calliper, just waiting on the other one to arrive and the car will be back in action, finally.

RB Clio 182
Me and my good friend fitted my camber bolts today, it looks nice from the front now, still waiting on my shims to come tho.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced another PDC sensor. Finally no annoying fault beep every time I put it in reverse!

Fitted my omp wheel and sparco harness. Found out the tax runs out this month.... Now wondering if I was to tax it for a trackday in Feb or sorn it for a few months till the weather brightens up.

Cleaned the offside rear light cluster connector as it was a bit corroded n causing the foglight symbol to come on in the instrument cluster when braking. Don't think Ive driven it for at least a week or so.. Its not got heated seats lol

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Got some free time this morning to unblock the drain holes under the scuttle panel.

There was probably a good litre and a half under there!

Nimbus Clio 197
Removed and re-sprayed the upper grille in satin black. Looks miles better now its back on! Now thinking of selling the car...hmm

Fitted Siemens 630cc injectors and a new boost sensitive FPR and rescaled the map, and ground out the restrictor again. Now have to map it again before Bedford, or see if the pistons can cope. Will be getting some forged pistons ASAP however as I just can't trust the stock pistons now.