ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Went to work and back in it.

Absolutely hooned it about and realised that what I thought was instant power really wasn't,
the new solid engine and gearbox mounts DCIRaz and me fitted are amazing.

Hit the throttle and it now feels like you're getting fired out of a cannon,
minimal drive train movement really is the way forward. :evil:

Clio 172
Went to work and back in it.

Absolutely hooned it about and realised that what I thought was instant power really wasn't,
the new solid engine and gearbox mounts DCIRaz and me fitted are amazing.

Hit the throttle and it now feels like you're getting fired out of a cannon,
minimal drive train movement really is the way forward. :evil:

Whats the vibration like? Feel much different in terms of acceleration?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Zero increase in vibration, the car judders a bit more on start up but that's it,
idle vibration is exactly the same as it was.

It's a small change in acceleration but it's noticeable mate,
the power delivery definitely feels more instant from not only a standing start,
but also when you drop a gear.

I was smiling my head off toady blasting it about, well worth it imo.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How much did it set you back for the solid mounts Dave? Sounds like a good mod to do

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
You'll need both the upper engine and upper gearbox mount,
if you just buy one then all the stress will be transferred to the other one.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's another one to add to the list of things to do. :(

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Washed the tree sap off it (had wasps swarming around it!) and new aero wipers. New NGK spark plugs going in tomorrow.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet f**k all.

It's not been washed since CSS. It's not been emptied out (still got a few detailing products in there from CSS).

It has done circa 1500 miles since.

It's gaining new rattles, knocks and the clutch feels terrible. Steering also feels wooly.

Really need to get my arse in gear and remove the rear shocks to see if they are knackered and if the helper spring is snapped as I really can't see.

Next month it's either clutch or getting the arch done. I think it'll be clutch first and foremost and then the arch can come another time.

BG 182 FF
Just took her out for a b-road blast, really went for it. Holy f**k do I love this thing. Off my tits on adrenalin.

This thing is just so f**king rapid, the only thing holding me back was the fact it was throwing me out the seat in corners (and I'm 17.5 bloody stone). Jesus christ.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
^same. Today is wash day as well. I made the LY a bit grubby yesterday, think I'll do the RB too. They both need a good clean

£200quid from K-Tec, you'll more than likely find them cheaper in the for sale section,
but you may have a bit of a wait and you need to get in there first aswel.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2655&appid=2
Dave, Dave, Dave, don't say all this. These we're on my list of things. Then I downgraded to just the dogbone, as I didn't want things vibrate too much, but wanted the car to feel tighter. Now they're back on the list. Cheers.

(I was thinking this: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3734&appid=2)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Doesn't sound too bad does it that.

Don't you fancy an aftermarket exhaust at all?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah I do and will but money etc dictate otherwise.
Only had the centre box chopped out as it was split and kept blowing weld repairs out!

made up some window switches that fit into the handbrake cover ( not fully finished yet )

2012-09-07182319.gif

stops me cutting holes in my carbon door cards

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Dave, Dave, Dave, don't say all this. These we're on my list of things. Then I downgraded to just the dogbone, as I didn't want things vibrate too much, but wanted the car to feel tighter. Now they're back on the list. Cheers.

(I was thinking this: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3734&appid=2)

Haha sorry mate, I don't know what people are on about with the vibration mines perfect,
plus me and DCIRaz fitted them, so you'd think with me being involved they'd be vibrating like f*ck.

But all i've got is instant power! :evil:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
We're they hard to fit? Muchos temptation... Did you not do the dogbone one too?

Yeah i've got a poly dogbone aswel, but that was done last year.

They weren't that hard to change tbh, the hardest thing was finding a 16mm deep socket to fit the engine mount nut,
you'll need a trolly jack and a square of wood to put under the sump tank to support the engine,
then the same for the gearbox.

It's just nuts and bolts so it's quite easy really, it just took a whole afternoon to do it properly.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Changed the boot solenoid so the boot finally opens. Also changed both rear exhaust hangers so the exhaust sits very nicely now.

S3, Polo
Been a busy boy today...

Fitted:
New grey Cup Turini's
JMS induction kit

And:
Cleaned throttle body
Removed and painted corroded engine lift points
Wire-brushed my drive-shafts and painted them
Replaced both broken ABS reluctor rings (brakes now don't judder at low speed!)
Cleaned, treated and undersealed exposed areas of the chassis (at some point the car has been jacked up in some -er- interesting places!)
Removed, cleaned and re-lubricated caliper sliders and gave the calipers a good going-over

Then went to Pirbright twisties for a spirited blast - What an epic little car.

Plans for next weekend:
Replace spark plugs
Perform an interim oil and filter change (Fuchs Titan Pro S/ Renault filter)
Paint inlets and cambelt cover in graphite HT enamel

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol it makes me laugh how much people on here can do to their car!

I can take panels off and put them back as well as interior changes but anything under the bonnet or regarding brakes, and it all goes downhill or wrong lol I'll leave it to the professionals and stick to cleaning!

I can take panels off and put them back as well as interior changes but anything under the bonnet or regarding brakes, and it all goes downhill or wrong lol I'll leave it to the professionals and stick to cleaning!
This.

I am a total and utter mechanical r****d.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I went round and touched up the paint on my alloy wheels where the previous owner had kerbed them. Fortunately only round the outer edge. Up close you can see it's a bit of a rough edge but at least it doesn't draw the eye to the damage. Cheaper than a refurb for now.

Then thought I'd stick this on the back window since I had it lying about! lol

CableTies1.jpg

Also gave both of our Twingo 133s a wash inside and out! Also fitted my replacement Stormforce cover on my Gordini....

Cover11.jpg

S3, Polo

I've just followed guides on here (after dealing with unscrupulous garages in the past, I developed an interest in how things work and I now find it pretty therapeutic to tinker with my own cars) and owned 2 172's so I've got to know them fairly well.

Been a very busy few days for me! Had the cambelt and aux belt changed at Ktec, as well as the brake fluid and new cat and back box fixings. I've also done a full service (oil, filter etc) and changed the rear shocks myself and had the wheels refurbed and four new Uniroyal Rainsports fitted this morning. Last on the list for this week is a new front Fabia splitter and some headlight correction. Well worth the time and expense though, the car feels and looks awesome and that should be it for a while :)

BG 182 FF
Hit the speed limiter rather hard and turned the EML light on. Woops. Have no idea what it might be? Car drives fine and CC still works...

Now Sold :-(
Front bumper taken off and leaking headlamp washer repaired.:)
Tightened up all the seat mounting bolts in the hope the annoying rattle from the passenger seat might stop but no joy. Think the runners are just worn. :(

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Oil change with Mobil 1

4 new tyres PS3's

Made a bracket to mount my fire extinguisher as its driving me nuts clonking around in the rear cup holder

Emailed Merlin Motorsport with some questions