ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what engine parts to replace on 1.2?

Clio 1.2 Billabong
Hello, I own a 03 Clio 1.2 16v, it has 89000 miles and I am soon going to be doing a bit of work on it.
The work includes a new top engine mount, timing belt/tensioner, water pump, cylinderhead gasket and auxiliary belt, I am just wondering what other parts it would be best for me to replace whilst the engine is mostly apart? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Craig.

Cliosport 172 cu
Tbh mate nothink eles really maybe just give it a clean up meaning throttle body and that

Clio 1.2 Billabong
Yeah a throttle body clean up is a good idea I'll add it to the list thanks, I'll try and get a compression test done on it I'm sure ill be able to find our compression gauge in the garage.. somewhere...and give things a check and a clean, thanks for the replies.

clio dci , ren8
So is your head gasket gone ? as this is rare on the 1.2 16v as the genuine one is a steel composite item .