ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what does this plug do?

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Just done an oil/filter change and found this brownish coloured connector unplugged and hanging loose. I've plugged it back in now but what is and what does it do? No idea how long its been like that but I've had no problems with the car

DSC00055.gif

Yep it's knock sensor. You should have a fault code logged for "Knock Sensor Voltage Abnormal" or similar if you read the codes via OBD2 although it may have cleared if you've done a few miles since plugging it back in.

If nothing has broken with it unplugged it definately won't with it plugged back in so don't worry.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
nice one cheers, will that explain the diagnostic check i did with my laptop 4 months ago? I had the orange engine light come on boxing day 2010, will this switch off now after a few miles

Faultcodes.jpg

It may do eventually. If you still have the laptop handy just plug in and clear the codes. I take it from the 0420 that's logged it's decatted?

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Ok I'll try clearing the code tomorrow. Its not decatted no (afaik anyway), it passed the MOT on thursday although it did fail the first emissions test but passed the second two after a 2 minute warmup according to the testing guy

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I've just hooked it up to my laptop and the knock sensor code had cleared itself. Also managed to manually clear the p0420 code and switch off the orange EML which i couldnt do before so hopefully all problems are now sorted:D. Not that there was any running problems anyway, just worrying seeing the light on the dash all the time.

Diagnostic machines/checkers.....everybody should have one!

Clio
how do you get one of these diagnostic cables and programs? expensive or not? will the one you have only work on renault clios or other manufacturers ?