ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you think of this Head Gasket product!?

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
I was going to see if this was going to be a temporary fix for my car until I could afford the actual fix. Money tight so this is why I asked if it was worth it please don't judge me on the basis of being a dodgy seller and such I was going to part ex at a Renault dealership and I am sure they would do all the necessary checks before accepting a car anyway. I was looking into a new car seeing as this car is becoming a money pit. I was either looking into a 200 or the new fiesta eco boost 1ltr. I appreciate the feedback but don't see me as a dodgy person.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As you're only in Dagenham I might be able to help, what makes you think the gasket has gone anyway?

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
As you're only in Dagenham I might be able to help, what makes you think the gasket has gone anyway?
Last year the gasket had gone and I had it repaired luckily I was still under a dealership warranty that came with car. It is having the same issues I had got when the gasket went last time. I have been getting a water rushing sound coming from the passenger footwell when I apply the accelerator, also the car engine from a cold start this afternoon starting juddering in neutral stationary. The engine warms up relatively quicker than normal. I don't know if it may be faulty thermostat that could be causing it and flushing lots of coolant? But I had been told that near the passenger footwell is the heater matrix?

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
It was a independent one down Goodmayes in Dagenham. There is a hissing under the hood so there is an air leak somewhere just checked the oil and its looking slightly creamy so.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
None of those to be trusted then tbh, get it somewhere to be tested a d diagnosed properly mate I'd take a look one evening soon if that helps?

Everyone seems to bodge 1.2s the last one I tools head off had the original hg plus a new one. Proper f**ked.

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
typical I had it repaired at a trusted garage I know they said to book it in for a compression test so I will run it down there tomorrow and see whats going on with it just bought a new airbox and piping too to make sure it was not that so regardless I will post the results tomorrow if they can look at it. Really tempted on getting the new Fiesta zetec S 1.0ltr ecoboost sounds nice

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Yeah just an update it is the headgasket thats gone. So I got quoted £600 for the job to be done so I am just going to part ex it into fords. =( As much as I love the car I have already paid to get it repaired once. CSS was good and I will come back next year in a different motor =), hopefully! So just need to keep the car alive for a little while untill july

BMW 320i
Yeah just an update it is the headgasket thats gone. So I got quoted £600 for the job to be done so I am just going to part ex it into fords. =( As much as I love the car I have already paid to get it repaired once. CSS was good and I will come back next year in a different motor =), hopefully! So just need to keep the car alive for a little while untill july

I think if you're just looking to prolong then it's worth a try - maybe there is a cheaper alternative? There's no way that's the only product.

Volvo S60 T5
That stuff works, got an old shitter a few years back with a badly blown head gasket , put it in it run it up for an hour and the cars still going strong 3 years later.
OK for an old shitter but cliosport or similar fix it properly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That stuff works, got an old s**tter a few years back with a badly blown head gasket , put it in it run it up for an hour and the cars still going strong 3 years later.
OK for an old s**tter but cliosport or similar fix it properly.

a year ago you said:
Worked a treat on an old s**tter I purchased a while ago, sold it to a mate of mine a year ago and its still going strong.
gasket on the car had blown from water jacket to cylinder so run up with plug out and after around 10 mins of running it was sorted, car was a little Peugeot.

So its aged 2 years in the last year if its now 3 years old, lol