ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what Clutch?

nup

clio 172
Hello all its the first of hopefully many posts on here. I have recently bought my first 172 its a 53 plate probably not the best example around but will be soon enough. I have replaced the cambelt and next job is the heavy clutch ..... and here is the question i have to you all, what make would you recomend??? Renault or other. I will be replacing the box bearings and syncro while its out (a little noisy in overrun!!) also the sump gasket while the subframe is off.. may as well make a job out of it..

Hope to get sub helpfull advise, thanks in advance.

Neil.

nup

clio 172
no mate too heavy, I maybe should have said i am a renault mechanic. Not sure if that fact will make me any friends on here!!!

nup

clio 172
I can get a renault one for about £90 so will go with that.. Its just my wife will drive the car from time to time and i was hoping someone knew of a clutch that was a bit lighter than the standard item.

182 trackday racer
Since my new Valeo clutch (pressure plate) exploded and ruined the gearbox I would not recommend it to anyone. FTW = Helix pressure plate + Helix organic disc, demon tweeks have them at a good price.

nup

clio 172
Well I've ordered it from work, along with a top engine mtg and a gearbox repair kit. The box has been noisy since I had it but the volume went up all of a sudden.. :dapprove: