ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what clutch ??

Clio 172 Cup
Right i am going to be bookin into have the turbo conversion done on my clio cup in the next couple of months, i also need a new clutch so which one would be the best and what sort of cash should i look to spend ??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd go for a standard one, unless you're running the high-boost conversion.

I had an "uprated" Group N clutch on my old 172. It was a f*cking nightmare! Either "on" or "off"

Horrible in traffic.

53 Clio's & counting
speak to the people who are doing the conversion for you fella, see what they suggest?

Std clutch can hold alot of power

Clio 172 Cup
well i have just been reading into the k-tec turbo conversion so thats who i was going to get to do it once iv sorted the rest of the cash, was looking into a turbo as i miss that part from my R5 but before i got that done was going to get my clutch, cambelt and a few other bits sorted before.

my car dont get used that much but as i live 5 min from lakeside i want some thing that is good with traffic as we get alot of it

Clio 172 Cup
well i thought it was a mod done alot now ??, i am working my nuts off to get the cash saved as i want it done before the end of the summer.

Clio 172 Cup
better phone K-tec then and see if there is any problems doing it, but i think when i phoned before i said it was a Cup.

better phone K-tec then and see if there is any problems doing it, but i think when i phoned before i said it was a Cup.

Can't see why there would be a problem doing it to be honest. They'll be at least one turbo charged cup knocking about just never come across is before.