ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Clutch to go for, track use and spirited driving around wales :)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
My Engine is out at the moment for clean up and new parts before finishing it off and getting it ready for track use.

Are the standard Genuine Renault clutches up to the job or could anyone recommend what i should get ?

cheers

mike

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Standard Valeo part.

I've had uprated clutches before. Total nightmare and overkill on 99% of Clios.

You'll curse every time you get stuck in traffic, or have to pull away from a set of lights.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I'm only running standard power and stripped out. I thought it would probably be ok but just wanted to check before i get one.

i will pm maynard

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with the above. I had a new clutch last week and that has lasted 92,000 miles including track days and spirited driving (including Wales!)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
torque handling is the thing to watch. Even with big power the torque is often not greatly increased at peak. Standard or either Valeo, Sachs or LUK is all you need 99% of the time

williams and trophy
depends on what your going to be using the car for really. if just spirited driving then as above. if youre going to be doing lots of hard launches, drag strip etc then itd be worthwhile uprating to helix or suchlike. both the williams have uprated clutches in them, 1 a helix organic, one a 5gtt, neither are all that bad day to day stuck in traffic.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
nah just on the road and mainly track days, i wouldnt bother going down a drag strip in a clio as i would lose to most things i reckon :)

will wait to hear of maynard or summit unless i can get one somewhere local for a similar price

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
£108 inc vat delivered off the top of my head, I'll have to check Tuesday for you.

330i. E30 Touring.
I can get a genuine Renault one from dealership with 1 yr warranty for £130 :)

Sounds alright.

£20 more than from Maynard, but you'll get a Renault reciept and box.

I've used Valeo and Sachs before, both have been fine.