ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What can be done to the DCI engines???

Albi blue 197
Like it asked im kinda newish to these but im very keen to get one as i love the drive of my dads 65 run around but i was thinkin more towards the 80 or 100

cheers in advance!

Albi blue 197
sweet i thought the tuning boxes come close to that so remap must be a bit more??..

Clio DCi 65
TBH mate I'd just save the cash,

Even with a remap/tuning box you'd probably struggle to keep up with the likes of VTR's etc.

I toyed with the idea myself but it's not worth it. For £300 you could get a nice TV or something instead of an extra 15bhp!

Albi blue 197
hmm i see where your coming from.. id love a sport but the insurance would be loads!

VaVa
Get an 80, remap it and strip it. It'll be pokey enough to keep most 1.4/1.6's honest. Suspension and brakes too if you've still got the cash.

Guy I work with has a chipped 80 as his work hack and it's ace fun tbh. He's got the back seats out as he uses it as a van most of the time lol, but it's pretty nippy when it's empty!

ITB'd MK1
It's something i want to look into to as a DCI would save me loads. Just some good maintenance can give you back power and economy. Blocked/coked EGR valves and boost pipes will cost you a lot power and econmy

Albi blue 197
yea... i think im definatly going to get one i hope that one ive seen is a 100 like n hope it doesnt go till my money is here haha then ill have loads cash spare! n laingo where did he map his ive looked on k tec but the price is high like for it

320d
Martin will be along soon in this thread. He loves his DCi. The 80's are the only dci i've been in. They feel loads faster than a 1.2 16v, have a better suspension and steering setup and i've seen one return 74.9MPG on a 70MPH, 20 mile motorway trip. My GF's Mums has returned 56.9MPG over the last 2500 miles and she doesn't drive it slow either.

Oh and next year they will be 8 times cheaper to tax than a > March 2001 1*2

I'd go for it mate. Why not. Far better car than a 1.2 in every way.

Albi blue 197
cheers mate looks like 80- now as the 100s seem out my price i want to spend cheers

Clio sport 182
Got dci 100 with remap running 116bhp and 179lb/ft it shifts to say the least £35 tax insurance group 4 and 43-47mpg just doing 8 miles hard driving a day can it go wrong get one mate