ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What brake fluid for racing

On my last track day I managed to get my ATE superblue to boil out the cap? I'm assuming that's why it came out?

I'm running goodridge braided hoses, RC6 pads and HC discs, never had any fade but the fluid was definitely coming out the cap.

Just wondering if I now need to upgrade to a dot 5.1 or if its ok for this to happen and stick with the ATE?

If so what 5.1 are the race teams using? Burpspeed/big ash etc etc?

Lionel Richie
possible you overfilled it? the MAX marker isn't as high up as you think (you can't actually see the max line on the tank with it fitted to the car! Renault - another great idea!

I know I'm not racing, just asking what they use!

Was thinking motul just wondering if there was anything else?

Over filled might be a good shout, gona change fluid anyway so ill keep it low

182cup & 172 racecar
I just use Carlube 5.1 from gsf, never had any trouble. But there again my tank is not behind the manifold, it over the other side.

Megane coupe mod.

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
Bringing back an old thread. I need to do the brakes on race car, unsure what fluid to go for. Heard good and bad about most so I guess I'll just have to go for one.

clio sport 182
The price is big , but only this brake fluid can survive 25km special stage at OEM brake disc and caliper, with a lot of LFB
ascosrf1.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
SRF is overkill for these in my op especially on the price. I used Motul 600. Ap 600 is also good and any others around that boiling temp.

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
Got 1.5 litres of rbf600 from opie as 20% off motul products this week plus cheaper buying 3x500ml too

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
motul rbf600 or 660 for me aswell.
had similar issues with the ATE super blue, with suffering brake fade(fluid boil after 15 -20 mins out at bedford, changing the fluid cured that for me.

although the ATE is good, its certainly not good enough for hard track work.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you are using most of the expensive racing fluids bear in mind that you will have to change them a lot more often than if you run a standard 5.1 as they are typically more hydroscopic.

I dont think the OP boiled his fluid though, if he did it would have a spongy pedal, as per Fred I think he just had it over filled so when it expanded (still in a liquid phase) it pushed some out the cap.