ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What bolt can snap/shear off

mini cooper R50
in a gear box?, car went in today to get the clutch done (thrust barring but bought a full clutch kit), anyway got a phone call at 4 from the garage saying my gearbox was fooked.

Said some bolt had came off and thats what was making the noise not the trust barring, he also said on VW,s etc the part its came off from can be replaced but not on a clio. Its a mates garage but does this sound right?

mini cooper R50
it wasn't a bolt/nut it was the metal sleeve that is attached to the ( like a drive shaft ) in the gearbox were the thrust barring sits

mini cooper R50
not sure what gearbox it is, cars a 1.2 clio grande on a 200 plate

He said yesterday that they can normally be replaced but not on that box

got a used box for £130 and was charged £250 in total with the clutch costing me £50 so cant really grumble, but the wheel alignment is right out now and the knocking when turning left and right has got worse too (already fitted the washer fix)

dont think I,ll bother getting it done tbh, I bought the car last october for £950 and its cost me in total about £1500 getting it sorted since then (I must have mug wrote across my forehead) :(