ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are Halfords rear pads like?

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Hi all,

I need to change the pads on the rear of the 182 as they're down to nowt, they're the only place local to me thats open, are they any good?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I can't imagine they would be any good from halfords tbh, although I may be wrong.. You just want OEM discs/pads on the rear.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I think iirc its something like 15% of the braking is through the rears. They are essentially just like the stuff you'd get from a motor factors...good enough to be passable...but don't go expecting them to be best thing since sliced bread. They will be fine in use. :)

WRX
Probably about 20% of users have them on without realising. You can't tell they're from there you know.:rasp:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I always see people saying the rears do nothing...

But surely if the pads are wearing down then they MUST be doing a bit surely?

I always see people saying the rears do nothing...

But surely if the pads are wearing down then they MUST be doing a bit surely?

Sure, they do but if his pads are down to nothing, they're not going to go much further in 2 or 3 trips (seeing as they're not used that much)!

May as well get some semi-ok pads (perhaps even cheaper).

SG boost'd 200
Halfords don't actually have their own pads, I work for a motor factors and we supply to all the local halfords! Hence why you can never get the pads in store exactly when you want them!
So are usually our own brand ( cheapest) Delphi, blueprint or Bosch....so you'd be better off going to a motor factors as not only will you be able to collect there but also you will avoid the mark up price which they sell you them at ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Halfords don't actually have their own pads, I work for a motor factors and we supply to all the local halfords! Hence why you can never get the pads in store exactly when you want them!
So are usually our own brand ( cheapest) Delphi, blueprint or Bosch....so you'd be better off going to a motor factors as not only will you be able to collect there but also you will avoid the mark up price which they sell you them at ;)

Unless you have a trade card ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
On my 182 I changed my rear pads more frequently than my fronts!

id just use halfords pads, be fine.

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
I think ill take a punt on them, I just can't put my old pads back and wait for some new ones...

IMAG0421.jpg

I've got a trade card so they'll be cheap enough to throw away worst case :p

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Yep, the inside.. and worse, the halfords numpty put me a front set aside, they don't stock the rears... Anyone know where I can get some today?

Lotus Elise
Yep, the inside.. and worse, the halfords numpty put me a front set aside, they don't stock the rears... Anyone know where I can get some today?

Id put money on the little ear sticking out the pad not being in its corresponding slot in the piston.