ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Werkstat Prime and Jett, Acrylic or Carnauba?

Ibiza FR Edition
As above really, polished bliss has a 3 for 2 on Werkstat products at the moment so very tempted to give these two a try. Just a little unsure what is likely to look best on RB, I was leaning towards to Carnauba but any advice would be very much appreciated!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Good question, was wondering exactly the same.

The acrylic stuff seems to be more popular on detailing world and according to PB's blurb on their website. My very rudimentary understanding would be that the acrylic will give a clinical almost cold look compared to the warm gloss of the carnuaba. Alternatively, that could be a load of b****cks I just wrote.

Await the detailing brains to offer a more learned opinion.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Gally always seems to recommend the carnuaba version. personally I've never used it before, but i certainly would like to!

Ibiza FR Edition
Good question, was wondering exactly the same.

The acrylic stuff seems to be more popular on detailing world and according to PB's blurb on their website. My very rudimentary understanding would be that the acrylic will give a clinical almost cold look compared to the warm gloss of the carnuaba. Alternatively, that could be a load of b****cks I just wrote.

Await the detailing brains to offer a more learned opinion.
Yeah that's what I got from reading comments and PB's guide as well. The offers on for a while anyway so I am in no rush, want to make an informed purchase :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually always recommend the Acrylic version mate. It's much more durable after a few layers. :)

It looks fantastic. I'd maybe consider carnauba if I had a flat Blue or Red. Even then you'd struggle to tell the difference.

Worth looking at AF tough coat also.

The 3for2 is okay but i'd rather buy a glaze or cleanser and just a bottle of sealant and pocket the change.

If you really want Werkstat my basket would be.

Shampoo. Prime acrylic and acrylic jett.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Gally reccomended acrylic for me, said it was easier to apply which is a good enough reason as any!

Ibiza FR Edition
I actually always recommend the Acrylic version mate. It's much more durable after a few layers. :)

It looks fantastic. I'd maybe consider carnauba if I had a flat Blue or Red. Even then you'd struggle to tell the difference.

The 3for2 is okay but i'd rather buy a glaze or cleanser and just a bottle of sealant and pocket the change.

Thanks for the advice, might just go for the Acrylic then! I am still undecided about all of it, I really should have bought some AF products when the deal was on. I haven't thought about the Shampoo to be honest, I have so much Meguiars Gold Class that I am not really in much need of shampoo (not sure if the Werkstat would be better though)? I was thinking of the Satin, don't know if you have any experience of that?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Keep the shampoo you have mate.

I must be honest and say you don't need the 3for2. Because it's a small range you don't win out it like you did the AF deal.

I must be honest on RB i'd be looking at a combo of AF tripple and tough coat. Tripple is a superb all in one but packed full of nice fillers. Make even crap paint look superb. As does Rejuvenate. Tough coat is so easy to use and looks good on any colour.

So many combos out there. R222's cleanser with Acrylic Jett.

Tripple with Acrylic Jett. A bottle of Jett will last for ages and can be used on anything. Glass etc. Can do a full car in 15 minutes. Can top up whenever you wish. Same goes for tough coat. :)

A lot of people would say wax looks better but unless your spending £50 on Z Carbon i'd stick with the simple stuff.

Ibiza FR Edition
Keep the shampoo you have mate.

I must be honest and say you don't need the 3for2. Because it's a small range you don't win out it like you did the AF deal.

I must be honest on RB i'd be looking at a combo of AF tripple and tough coat. Tripple is a superb all in one but packed full of nice fillers. Make even crap paint look superb. As does Rejuvenate. Tough coat is so easy to use and looks good on any colour.

So many combos out there. R222's cleanser with Acrylic Jett.

Tripple with Acrylic Jett. A bottle of Jett will last for ages and can be used on anything. Glass etc. Can do a full car in 15 minutes. Can top up whenever you wish. Same goes for tough coat. :)

A lot of people would say wax looks better but unless your spending £50 on Z Carbon i'd stick with the simple stuff.
Thanks very much, top advice mate. I'll have a think, in no real rush, all I actually NEED at the moment is ironx, I have some carlack 68 and a few waxes like orange crush knocking about, just struggle to resist special offers, haha :)!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Carnauba sprays are also a little harder to work with. Field Glaze was the same but it looked immense. Sonus was so much easier.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I found it a doddle to work with.

Having said that, it was January when I used it and some people have said its a bit fussy in the heat.

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I bought Acrylic Prime and Jett on Kevin's recommendation and I couldn't be happier with the way they look.

Only thing is, using a spray sealant is VERY convenient and far less time consuming, but it's taken a lot of the fun out of "detailing" for me. As homo as this sounds I really miss the feel of applying a wax and then buffing off etc, I found it quite relaxing and rewarding.

Think I'll purchase a decent wax next.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I bought Acrylic Prime and Jett on Kevin's recommendation and I couldn't be happier with the way they look.

Only thing is, using a spray sealant is VERY convenient and far less time consuming, but it's taken a lot of the fun out of "detailing" for me. As homo as this sounds I really miss the feel of applying a wax and then buffing off etc, I found it quite relaxing and rewarding.

Think I'll purchase a decent wax next.

Buy something like Zaino Z2/Z6/Z8. Z2 will apply similar to a wax but look so much better on Silver.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Sorry, just me being a r****d.

Acrylic for durability
Carnauba for looks isnt it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely depends on colour. A new user would still be hard pressed to see a difference. Always acrylic for me though.