ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

well and truly p'd off

vauxhall corsa vxr
this afternoon niped into asda to get a sandwich was there no more than 5 mins, parked the car over in a corner were no other car was, comes out and there is a toyota yaris parked right along side me, noticed a few white marks on the door on closer look and touch, its scratches that have gone right through the paint and put a dent in it aswell, decided to hang on for a bit and see if the owner come back.
turns out it was 2 females and a baby in a car seat, got out the car to ask if it was them to be told "nah lad wasnt me ya'kno" the girl opened the door and then in 1 swift move hit my car again on the door handle with the baby seat ive never seen anyone get in the car so quick.
to top things off decides a quick visit to the police to see if i could do anything at all as i had the make and colour of car and reg number, didnt even give the guy the details and he says i see you take care of your car however there is nothing they can do, but however your rear tyre looks a little low on tread :mad:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
motivator8899227.jpg

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
The police can do something, they just can't be bothered. I would possibly call the insurance company and explain what happened, they will help im sure! Also cctv from the supermarket would be useful.

If all else fails im pretty sure you can get their address from the DVLA and take legal action. If that fails, burn the f**kers house down!

Also i would write a letter of complaint to the police, for all their help!

vauxhall corsa vxr
nice one lol, hate that horrible scouse accent aswell, im from liverpool but i dont talk like that, im gunna go back to asda in morning and ask if they can review there cctv and will give insurance a call aswell thanks will

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
nice one lol, hate that horrible scouse accent aswell, im from liverpool but i dont talk like that, im gunna go back to asda in morning and ask if they can review there cctv and will give insurance a call aswell thanks will

Before you call insurance bare in mind it might effect your premium next time around, even if you don't claim. It shouldn't but it might.

I'm from Chester originally, so not to far and what I can't bare is when people force the accent. If that's the way they speak then fine, but they are still English, so at least speak so an English person can understand you!

vauxhall corsa vxr
exactly mate even my mrs doesnt talk like that, thankfully, i might just see what asda say in the morning and go from there

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sad times, but avoid calling your insurance, would be cheaper just to have the dent pulled if its minor, other wise if a claim goes through you'll have to declare it for 3 years & pay an excess

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Asda won't release any of the details they might have on CCTV, it's illegal IIRC.

vauxhall corsa vxr
under data protection was thinking that, i have a cctv licence with the company i work for and it does say only badged people and police officers can view cctv

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Asda won't release any of the details they might have on CCTV, it's illegal IIRC.

Even if there is criminal damage etc?

Also yeah I think i was a bit rash mentioning insurance, things like this piss me off!

Get some pics of the damage up and see what people on here estimate it will cost to repair!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Even if there is criminal damage etc?

Also yeah I think i was a bit rash mentioning insurance, things like this piss me off!

Get some pics of the damage up and see what people on here estimate it will cost to repair!

Yeah, as rankins said, it's all about the Data Protection Act. CCTV images can't be released unless requested by the Police.

vauxhall corsa vxr
wont be me in the video though will be my car day dots when i asked renault they said it was cellestial grey

Skoda Octavia VRs
I had exactly the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago Rankins, left a big ding on my NSR Panel, and a fair bit of paint trace off the other Car.
I waited until the Driver of the Car parked next to me came back (same colour of Car as the Paint smears, Baby Seat behind the Driver's Seat where the damage to my Car was.. put the kid back into the Seat from the OPPOSITE side of the Car when they got back, looking shifty as at me stalking round the Car!), I asked him if he had caught my Car as he opened his door, and and he denied it.. as far as the Police were concerned it was his word against mine, and there was nothing they could do..

Absolutely gutting, as I always end up parking in the quietest wee corner of Carparks, and end up walking for miles!...

vauxhall corsa vxr
i do the exact same and scum always find away of getting along side me, feel for you mate its really gutting as on friday night i spent 2 and half hours doing a mini detail

182 FF
should have accidentally ran a key down the side of their car, 1-1. job done.

like anyone would eva admit to it, reality id that some people don't car about their car in general and accept it as one of the daily issues of owning a car

Skoda Octavia VRs
I can completely understand how you feel about it, because it is completely gutting!.. My heart just sank when I saw the mark on my Car, and then my Blood Pressure went through the roof!.
I guess at the end of the day, some people just couldn't care less about other people's things, no matter how hard they work for them, or how much they look after them!.. and then for the Coppers to mention your Tyre Tread Depth?... ARGHHHH!!!...

Fix yourself a stiff drink, and call it a night!.

All the best, and hope you manage to sort everything out.
Gav1903

vauxhall corsa vxr
thanks fellas and her car was a mess tbh both driver and passagers doors obv wrapped round a post, rusted, boot all smashed in and front full of scuffs, me doing damage to hers would of made no diffrence lol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
It's completely irrational that they come to park next to you, when there's all the space in the world, but it always happens.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It's the joys of parking nowadays - I parked in an empty car park (nearly empty - of the 1000-odd spaces, I'd say 50-75 were filled) next to my mates car when we went for some food. The car park is fairly large, and we parked in a quiet section, a good distance from the restaurant. By the time we got out, someone parked literally a foot away from my driver's door. So annoying, especially when it always seems to be the type of people like Rankins described :(

As for the CCTV, I'm pretty sure they can't release it at all, regardless of whether or not you're personally in the video. I may well be wrong there though, it might be worth checking before going to Asda so you're sure.

Two 0 Shitx
Some people are just like that, they don't respect someones space, it's the same at urinals, theres always one nobhead who goes to the one next to you when theres one free at the end. c***s.

vauxhall corsa vxr
Some people are just like that, they don't respect someones space, it's the same at urinals, theres always one nobhead who goes to the one next to you when theres one free at the end. c**ts.

lmao also very true that mate, thanks for the help much appreciated

clio 172
when i was 17 went for dinner with the gf i parked my car in a pub car park when i come out my car had been drove into looked at the ka next to me and had silver on the black bumper so inew it was the car that hit me.my gf was like wtf are you doing.i had picked a beer barowl up and started smashing the front window and side windows and roof and doors.enyways 3 guys come runing out shoutin oi what are you doing i told them this car just smashed into mine and no note on window no1 in the pub told me it had happend and im very pissed off.

turns out wilst i was eating some drunk driver tryed to drive home and his scafolder mates took the keys out and made him walk as they was pushing him away and sending him home his car started rowling down the car park and str8 into mine becouse no one pulled the handbreak up.my car cost me 1700 pounds to fix.he had no insurences no tax no driving (l).

the 3 blokes rang the polices i got arested that night wilst in bed with my gf.i played up with the police and got my self into more s**t.

bdw just like to say this was when i was 17 lol

Coupe/Defender V8
that sucks.

The way I'm feeling this evening if that had been me I would of blocked her in and called the old bill until she gave me her details.. see this is why tasers should be legal

This is why I keep a tyre valve removal tool in my car. Take the little metal valve out of it's housing and throw them all away, wait until all the tyres have pissed out all their air completely, replace the valve caps and leave, or wait from a distance and laugh as they try to re-inflate the tyre and wonder why it won't stay up.

172 Ph1
should have accidentally ran a key down the side of their car, 1-1. job done.

like anyone would eva admit to it, reality id that some people don't car about their car in general and accept it as one of the daily issues of owning a car

This happened to me one time, geeza's motor was on top
of my bumper, couldn't open the boot,little scratch
so I slipped with keys job done

172 Ph1
This is why I keep a tyre valve removal tool in my car. Take the little metal valve out of it's housing and throw them all away, wait until all the tyres have pissed out all their air completely, replace the valve caps and leave, or wait from a distance and laugh as they try to re-inflate the tyre and wonder why it won't stay up.

quality

Swift Sport
this afternoon niped into asda to get a sandwich was there no more than 5 mins, parked the car over in a corner were no other car was, comes out and there is a toyota yaris parked right along side me, noticed a few white marks on the door on closer look and touch, its scratches that have gone right through the paint and put a dent in it aswell, decided to hang on for a bit and see if the owner come back.
turns out it was 2 females and a baby in a car seat, got out the car to ask if it was them to be told "nah lad wasnt me ya'kno" the girl opened the door and then in 1 swift move hit my car again on the door handle with the baby seat ive never seen anyone get in the car so quick.
to top things off decides a quick visit to the police to see if i could do anything at all as i had the make and colour of car and reg number, didnt even give the guy the details and he says i see you take care of your car however there is nothing they can do, but however your rear tyre looks a little low on tread :mad:

b**ch slap and reply "That wasn't me either"

2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
been there done that last time some tw*t parked across and behind me in a car park. :)
If i was the guy i would have stood infront of the car and booted it very hard, a few times! Especially when you take so much pleasure in making sure your own is pristine!

Nissan 200sx
Some thing similar happened to my brother, parked up his car away from everyone else, when he came back a transit van had parked next to him and dented his passenger door with there door.
To make it even he put a nice foot sized dent in the middle of there door :D

Vw caddy tdi
I always park diagonally across 2 spaces in a corner preferably. Only ever offer up my passenger side if any to be damaged. Have a friend who parks in the middle of 4 spaces faf.