ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird MacBook Pro volume/headphone jack issues

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
(It's a 2009 MacBook pro running Snow Leopard still).

It seems everytime I plug headphones/speakers into the headphone socket, the MacBooks default volume level will get stuck on a medium-low setting - eg. I plugged headphones in to listen to Spotify, and I can no longer adjust the volume of the MacBook - it gets stuck on a volume. Even muting won't make any difference, the only way to change the volume was to do it in Spotify itself. Then, when I take the headphones out, it's still stuck on the volume until I restart. Seems to do this everytime!

Any ideas? No red light on in the socket at the minute btw.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably the jack shitting itself, what headphones are they?

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Headphones are Beats - I've been using them a few months now without any issue...could be related to the volume control function they have? Also happens when I plug in my JBL Creatures speakers as well though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah it could be, the MBP's volume can be controlled through the jack, check google to see if others have issues.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
After a quick play around, when the volume gets stuck I can adjust it when I go through 'Settings > Sound' and use the slider in there. Keys and the slider after you click on the speaker icon next to WiFi do nothing until re-boot. Google hasn't returned anything that's been the same, or worked as of yet...