ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird beeping noise coming from the engine, throttle related?

Clio R27
Hi all,

A quick video that shows my car's issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FePmZNIeuNk

It only does it when the car is cold, doesn't affect the driveability or performance, it's just this annoying beep. I had a mate pressing the throttle while I was trying to figure out where this noise is coming from and I'm 95% certain it comes from that round thingie (excuse my ''technical'' term) which is located after the throttle body (shown in the pic)

renaultcliosport197engine_zps2d23516a.jpg

It is really driving me nuts so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Correct, it's a fairly common issue now and a new one will fix it (as will replacing the rubber o - rings).

Clio R27
Thanks MicKPM, do you by any chance know if it's an expensive part? If not i won't bother with the O-rings, I'll just get a new one. Thanks.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Never actually replaced one I'm afraid as I have a box of rubber rings that do the job for cheap.

They allow air to just sneak past when cold which causes an annoying chirp/whistle (the seals expand slightly when warm so it shuts up).

Clio R27
Very good to know thanks again. Maybe that's the reason for my unstable idle as well...

Off to halfords for some o-rings then:)

Clio R27
I've tried sealing my MAP sensor using some gasket sealant the other day, plus cleaning the TB, plus swapping the lambda sensor but to my disappointment all that didn't make any difference whatsoever! Oh well..

Thanks for the advice though:)