ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxed up 007 (no james bond content)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Gave the trophy a wax during the week and a wash at the weekend

SAM_1166.jpg

SAM_1167.jpg

SAM_1172.jpg

SAM_1173.jpg

SAM_1174.jpg

SAM_1175.jpg

SAM_1176.jpg

SAM_1177.jpg

Theres also some other work been done to the trophy, I had a feeling the timing was out so I had my mate from renault come over and get it sorted out, I took the oportunity to gave the sachs a clean and the insides of the wheels a once over while they were exposed

Bumper and headlight were out whilst timing was being changed
SAM_1141.jpg

SAM_1138.jpg

SAM_1137.jpg

SAM_1142.jpg

SAM_1145.jpg

SAM_1155.jpg

Wheels were rather pitted up with brake dust, even after using the e-z detail brush when cleaning they're still bad
SAM_1146.jpg

SAM_1147.jpg

De-tarring

SAM_1149.jpg

SAM_1150.jpg

After a quick pass with lime prime, you can see the section which has been done

SAM_1152.jpg

SAM_1156.jpg

One day I will get my mate with an SLR to take some good pictures of it as my camera is crap

Thanks for looking

Lee

BMW M2C
Looks amazing Chris. It's great to see the car is still in the club, and being VERY well looked after.

Can I still see my ECU bracket fix, or has it had a new one?

Monaco 172 (5/468)
Can I ask, what made you think your timing was out, did you feel a dip in performance ?

I've recently had my Cambelt changed with a service and thought I'd feel a real difference but I haven't.

Great looking car love it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks amazing Chris. It's great to see the car is still in the club, and being VERY well looked after.

Can I still see my ECU bracket fix, or has it had a new one?

I've never even looked mate, will have a look tonight, what did you do to it?

Lee

BMW M2C
I've never even looked mate, will have a look tonight, what did you do to it?

The top right hand corner bracket snapped. A common problem which happens to pretty much all of them at some point. It had already been replaced once under warranty, but only lasted a few weeks. I had a root through a box of junk in my dads garage and found something I could use instead. It stopped it moving around, and was still going strong when I sold the car to Dan.

Some dealers replace them under warranty, some argue it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Can I ask, what made you think your timing was out, did you feel a dip in performance ?

I've recently had my Cambelt changed with a service and thought I'd feel a real difference but I haven't.

Great looking car love it.

After having a ph1 172 I knew the car should pull smoothly through the rev range, with the obvious extra pull at 5k RPM

The belt had just been done before I got the car and when accelerating between 3k-5k RPM there was a distinct lack of power and a massive jump when it got to 5k RPM not smooth and certainly not right, It turned out to be a tooth out on the inlet side, now its sorted it pulls like it should through the mid range

172 Cup
Looks bang on after the detail mate, you've gotta love capsicum red with a good coat of wax on it :)

Glad the timing got sorted out it pulls well now ;)