ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax for Blackgold 182

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I want to buy some wax for my BG 182 for summer use. It doesnt need to last ages as I like car cleaning in the summer. I dont want to spend stupid amounts. I spotted this Chemical Guys back luminous glow wax http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/chemical-guys-black-luminous-glow-wax/prod_1174.html that sounds pretty good but is a little pricey. Has anyone used it.

Can you recommend me some good wax that has high gloss levels.

Also do I use poorboys black hole before or after waxing?

Gus Poorboys is a glaze so i used it before wax (i think). I rated dodo juice purple haze wax on my black car. Came up lovely

Reactions: Gus

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'd also rate dodo juice red mist on top of a chosen wax as a quick detailer on black, let me know if you order will get some too.

Reactions: Gus
  Clio with a body kit
I was impressed with r222 carnauba wax. Maybe worth a look, nothing wasted on this wax plain packaging and scent from memory but decent wax for summer.

image.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I'd also rate dodo juice red mist on top of a chosen wax as a quick detailer on black, let me know if you order will get some too.
Probably going to order some stuff later in the week, Need some new wax, clay + quickdetailer and possibly some pads for the polishing machine. You should come over and we can machine polish both our cars. Have fun in Paris !

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Britemax Vantage is my new favourite.

Capture the Rapture or Illusion would probably put it to shame for looks alone.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I have a panel pot of dodojuice purple haze and blue velvet I've only used each on half a car that I don't want anymore. You can have them for a few £

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have a panel pot of dodojuice purple haze and blue velvet I've only used each on half a car that I don't want anymore. You can have them for a few £
Sorry for late reply mate, I do have a panel pot of blue velvet, wife keeps thinking its lip balm lol.

I ended up going for this in the end as it was cheap and had some good reviews. Anyone used it:
Chemical Guys Petes 53 Paste Wax .
petes53.jpg

Out of interest how do you guys normally apply the wax to a pad? I normally use a credit card to apply it like butter to a pad. I normally use a hex logic RED finishing pad to apply it to the whole car.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You're applying by machine? Never done it as I enjoy waxing to much.
Just use a nice soft foam applicator like a megs yellow foam or autofinesse wax mate, half a turn in the pot of wax and crack on

e92 330i
I have petes 53, find it really nice, I've only ever used ag hd before that and a few dodo juice ones, but petes 53 is my favourite!

Megane 250
Have you used this yet?

I'm also looking into getting some for my Black Gold 182, I dont have a machine polisher but assume that it would still give a good look applying by hand?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Going to be using Petes 53 on thursday or friday depending on the weather.

Pop on to detailing world mate and search it. Lots of reviews on there. I did my RB with the fusso 99 then topped it with the fusso Authentic and it looked stunning !

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A few of the oils in waxes will have a minor filling ability, but this is often short lived. I've not heard of a sealant paste wax/ hybrid doing it though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fusso does fill slightly but so do lots of waxes. Lusso filled a lot due to the oils also.

53' is good. 50/50 is a great wax, sadly it comes in a metal tin, I simply cannot go back to that. Fusso had such cool packaging but the tin let it down. As did a lot of other things.

I rate it quite highly personally. On my girlfriends black type R is covered a multitude of sins especially without having no other prep at all