ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Temperature - Rev Limit

Hi all,
last night on the Motorway, Water Temp was sitting lower at 2 and bit bars and my Scan Guage reported 73 degrees, when I came off and on Dual carriageway with roundabouts found my lower limiter was engaged at under 7k, I had been driving for hours so all temps should have been hot enough for my remapped limit of 7.5k.
Today just driving in 30's the guage went to its normal place of around 4 and temp is 83 to 93 degrees which is normal for my car, rev limitor was back at 7.5k.
Any ideas?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
i'd check your thermostat to... Could be sticking/leaking open and would cause a similar issue. If the coolant was going thru the rad at motorway speeds your core engine temps will be down and the CTS is possibly reporting correctly. Pop it in one day next week and i'll take a look at testing the CTS for you if you like?

Mick