ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water inside the car...

is dirty.
Woke up this morning, went out to get in the car and my mat had a puddle of water, what the f**k :mad: Also the passenger side had all water under the mat etc. Also my sunroof and both the drivers and passenger side pillar has water around there.
What can I do?

Thanks!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
MY old 172 had this problem and it was a build up of crap like leaves under the black panels under the windscreen it was blocking the drainage holes. Have a look? The water will have evaporated once in the car and thats why its around the pillars and sunroof as that happened on mine as well! (not sun roof though as the 172 didnt have one lol!!)

May not be this but its worth a look!!!

clio%20puddle.png

Do I win? Definately rain water. Door seals all look very good. Have removed scuttle panels (removing the passenger wiper arm was hard work, even with a puller tool). Both side drains (into the wheel arch) were fine, but there was a collection of water in the middle. I used a bamboo cane to poke around in there - very tricky to get past the wiper mechanism. Managed to poke through to the engine bay below - but if there was any kind of rubber hose/plug in there then I probably poked that out too!

Will see if the swimming pool gets any better!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Best thing to do with a leak is suck the already remaining water out of the floor well - strap a hose pipe to a pair of step ladders and aim the jet in the area you think its coming in through - then sit in the car with torch and a jiz mag and wait for the water to make an appearance.

Check door aperture seals
door membrane ( under interior panel )
sunroof seal ( sunroof model only )
aerial seal
heater matrix ( is it leaking water ? )
bulk head blockages