ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water inside car....

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Hi all, so have been putting this off for the last week or so, but it's getting worse and today is dry.

So water is getting under my passanger seat, so have done the normal by checking the little plastic gromits near the rear lights, and clearing out the scuttle panel and all the crud that was in the arch liners. To no avail.

Also it's not the heater matrix.
And its only on the passanger side.

I've checked the rear washer line, and it's bone dry so water can't be running down that.

All the water is sitting under the passanger seat and foot well. The sound deadening sponge is sodden.

No one's had continance issues either....

I'm stuck for ideas.

Could anyone shine light on this?
IMG_20161217_125928.jpg
IMG_20161217_125918.jpg

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
But of an update as I'm tinkering, although the scuttle is clear, the brown sponge thing that's behind the glove box has been hiding things, moved this out the way, and when water is poured on the screen, it comes right back into the car... Trickling from high behind the brown sponge thing?

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
So found out the issue. Under the washer bottle is where the rear washer line enters the firewall. The rubber grommet appeared to be perished, so I've just cut the line out and filled the hole with black sealant, I don't use the rear washer anyway.

I think that's the issue, tomorrow I'll spray more water at it and see what happens...

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Day two stalemate.

Car still lets water in
Shitty wiper puller fucked the threads on the passanger side of the wiper assembly
The washer bottle now pisses all fluids out of itself within a minute or two from full. Despite pushing the pumps all the way in.

Today I hate this car with a passion. :(