ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watch dogs

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't know why anyone would ever pre-order a game...surely wait for the reviews (which are usually out before the game is released anyway) and then decide?!

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen looked good in the previews...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I don't know why anyone would ever pre-order a game...surely wait for the reviews (which are usually out before the game is released anyway) and then decide?!

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen looked good in the previews...

Yeah I always wait on the reviews. Pre-ordering months in advance is pointless as you can still pre-order a week prior to the game being released and always get it on time.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah I always wait on the reviews. Pre-ordering months in advance is pointless as you can still pre-order a week prior to the game being released and always get it on time.

Exactly, also I honestly believe it's part of what makes some devs lazy. It's senseless paying for something before you've tried it. Least years back a lot of games had shareware/demos. These days people just pay for something based on a 2 minute video, normally compromised of non-in game footage.

Mito Sportiva 135
I guess if it's something like FIFA or COD you know pretty much what you're getting as it's the same old same old each year - for a game like this though you've got no idea. And as Scutch said you can order it 2 days before launch and still get it on date of release.

i'll still probably get it, but the graphics have gone down hill since the first couple of trailers (with in game graphics ) ..... i did hear that this was a next Gen game which graphic wise would of made more sense.

Ph 1 172
i'll still probably get it, but the graphics have gone down hill since the first couple of trailers (with in game graphics ) ..... i did hear that this was a next Gen game which graphic wise would of made more sense.

​+1 still getting it but the graphics have dropped massively

Evo 5 RS
Not so much looks, just skeptical of the scale and how much you'll honestly be able to do. Although now you mention it I seriously hope this doesn't have the same frame rate issues that AC3 has. Or had, before they patched it 9 times.

I know its only a video and not even close to gameplay or real-time rendered, but sweet christ. Seriously wow.

There are bits coming dangerously close to where I actually cannot tell if its live-action or not.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That was brilliant, love the mobile integration stuff even though I can see it being used to troll you so badly, but the whole level design is fantastic.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Really interesting notes on multiplayer here:

Very clever stuff. Worth mentioning they run through the E3 footage first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Proper clever and looks pretty awesome tbf only thing is where the f**k am I going to find the time to get into and enjoy all these games. Need a job working from home I think!

Evo 5 RS

A new Watch Dogs video deals with a fundamental—but still mysterious—aspect of the upcoming game, namely that the glass and metal devices so many of us carry around in our pockets could grant us real power beyond that of a handy telephone or camera. It’s a seductive premise, and one that developer Ubisoft Montreal goes to some lengths to detail in the new footage.We learn in the new video that much of the main character Aiden Pearce’s disruptive power comes from his access—through his smart phone—to Chicago’s “ctOS” infrastructure, a city-wide network that behaves like a kind of urban central nervous system. The network, because it’s tied into Chicago’s roads, bridges, and lighting systems, should reveal some asymmetrical ways to navigate Watch Dogs’ open-world.
We see in the video that the vigilante Pearce can hack into the system in order to change cover, create diversions, and track enemies. I suspect that much of the novelty of this approach will depend on how balanced these environmental tools are when compared with the trusty sidearm Pearce seems really happy to use as well. It will also be interesting to see how useful the hacking mechanic functions alongside the game’s integrated multiplayer features.

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You just have to wonder how much of this is scripted. I mean, when you cause the blackout etc it seems to go to a cut-scene. Is this every time? Same with jumping a bridge, cut-scenes galore.

Does look very, very good though. Very clever.