ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wat fone would u rather own?

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
im gonna get a new phone next week and was wondering what one to choose from its gonna be a nokia n73 or a sony ericsson k810i

dunno what one tho my mates have the 2 of them but one with the nokia says his and the other 3 with the sony say theres .. what would you guys say??

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah i was the same untill last year i bought a samsung d600 n hated it then got maself a wee sony ericson k750i and loved it lol but the nokia is amazin ma dads got it but its pretty slow!!

k810i.

I've just got a new HTC Touch (Smartphone, WM6) and I REALLY miss my k800i..
Infact, I hate this Smartphone.. (and I'm really into my gadgets etc.. Heh).
Horrible.

Fabia vRS
i have a w810i and an n95, the n95 could be a great phone if nokia could just sort out battery life and crappy operating system (i'm working at symbian at the moment, i might go asassinate some developers!).

if you are just gonna make phone calls and texts then i would go with a sony ericsson all day long. if you want crap like wireless network access, etc then go for a nokia, but be prepared to get frustrated with battery life.

RenaultSport clio 172
Dont go for the N73, the software is absolute toss, ive had a replacement and ive had to have a software upgrade all in the space of ten months, rubbish!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i have the n73 music edition, the black one, has slightly diff firmware, awesome phone, did have the k800i, the stick in the middle was s**t and kept breaking on me, crashed all the time, had no issues so far on the nokia, just bought a 2gb card for it too hehe

Citroen DS3 DSport
I usually sing the praises for Nokia but my N73 is the worst phone I've owned in years. Slow crap software even when running the latest firmware.

172 cup
THe N95 is very much improved with the latest firmwear, greatly improved battery life, operating system is very smooth and responsive and also the GPS and camera actually work properly.

best phone ive ever owned but at a price obviously. If i were you id go for the nokia but make sure you update the firmwear asap as from factory they all seem riddled with bugs.

ST
In a way i'm sort of glad i smashed the N73 i had, the 6230i i went back to has been great, cant fault it at all...

Hence why i'm gonna get another 8800 they are simple, i dont need a camera, mp3 player, computer built into my phone.

All i need a phone to text and make phone calls..

Phones are getting a bit out of hand IMO.

ST
THe N95 is very much improved with the latest firmwear, greatly improved battery life, operating system is very smooth and responsive and also the GPS and camera actually work properly.

best phone ive ever owned but at a price obviously. If i were you id go for the nokia but make sure you update the firmwear asap as from factory they all seem riddled with bugs.

I had an N95, i got it for free in a T-Mobile promotion thing sim free...i sold it on after only two weeks, they are gash no matter what firmware they are running...

I updated mine and it didn't make it any better, the GPS software is crap too..

I always had Nokia's and always been a fan until I had my N80, hated it, battery life was poor, slow, heavy etc etc changed that for a k800i. At first was weird to use, but after a few days I loved it and still do. Defo sticking with Sony Ericsson in the future.

172 cup

I had an N95, i got it for free in a T-Mobile promotion thing sim free...i sold it on after only two weeks, they are gash no matter what firmware they are running...

Well mine is running the latest firmwear and runs great, that maybe because i have unbranded my phone and am running the unbranded version of the firmwear. The gps software is crap that comes with it yes but there are plenty of other ones that work really well with the phone.

If your phone was branded to T-mobile the firmwear was probably not totally up to date especially if it was a while ago when you had it. I had the same problem with mine when it was branded to orange and was very annoyed how poor the phone was until i did a bit of research into it.

great phone imo

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

LOL unused eh:rasp:

I have since debranded and updated to v12 and it's loads better, but not a patch on the 8800 Sirocco

Anyone want to buy an unlocked up to date N95 PM me :D

I ve got the W850i and I hate it, everything it does just annoys me!!

If I had the choice I'd go for the Samsung D900.

ST

LOL unused eh:rasp:

I have since debranded and updated to v12 and it's loads better, but not a patch on the 8800 Sirocco

Anyone want to buy an unlocked up to date N95 PM me :D

It was unused mate, it sat on my room before i sold it onto you lol

VaVa
i have a w810i and an n95, the n95 could be a great phone if nokia could just sort out battery life and crappy operating system (i'm working at symbian at the moment, i might go asassinate some developers!).

if you are just gonna make phone calls and texts then i would go with a sony ericsson all day long. if you want crap like wireless network access, etc then go for a nokia, but be prepared to get frustrated with battery life.

Ditto.

It's the little niggly things with the nokia - Like not seeing file transfer progress with bluetooth, bluetooth files are recieved as a message and not just saved to the appropriate folder like SE phones.... and it's very slow.... and despite being an extra 2 megapixels the camera isn't as good. The video camera is exceptional for a phone however.

I'd love a hybrid of my N95 and my old K800i.