ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Motor or pump

Clio 1.2 Expression
Hi

I have a mk2 ph2 non-sport clio and just recently both the rear and front washer jets have stopped working. When you pull back the stalk to activate the washer jets the windscreen wipers just move an no spray comes out. Usually there is a noise when the washers work but this noise has stopped.

This makes me think it is either the pump or motor! What i am wondering is, are the pump and motor the same thing on the washer bottle?

Thanks

I've got this problem too. I can hear the pump working but only a dribble comes out at best, ususally nothing at all. Reckon the bottle is blocked at the outlet but no idea how to get at it, as it's all hidden underneath the wiper mechanism and sandwiched between the fire/sound proofing and the bulkhead ... anyone?

Clio 1.2 Expression
I cant actually hear the pump working, ive checked the fuse and thats fine so i think i need a new one. Any ideas where i can get one from, ebay, on here??

I think its more likely that the washer tubes will be blocked to be honest. Also check that theres no splits or holes in them!

I've checked the washer tubes and the nozzles, they are not blocked, as I said
only a dribble comes out at best
i.e. I do sometimes get a bit of a spray. This is why I think there is a blockage in the bottle

But I can't access the damn thing in thanks to yet another bit of brilliant user-friendly Renault "engineering" :mad:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
1 - Check the bottle has water

2 - clean nozzles with a fine needle ( pull from bonnet and disconnect - try the washers with the nozzles disconnected )

3 - check pipes for leakage ( disconnect at each joint to eliminate pipe blockage ) and T pieces

4 - check pump ( supplies front and rear )

5 - check wiper switch

This should help you in checking the washer system

00130436_1.png