ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer motor not working/working very occasionally...motor ok, electrics?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi guys

Have a problem that my windscreen washer motor is not working. When I pull the stalk back I can hear the fuses clicking, but the motor does not make a sound.

It does sometimes work for one squirt, perhaps once in every 25 times I pull back the stalk.

I've checked the power and there does not appear to be any power going to the motor, and a new motor did not work either.

Any ideas of what this could be? Where's the best type of place to take it, a motor electrics place?

Any ideas would be most welcome!

Cheers
Alex

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Fuses don't 'click', thats what a relay does ;)Ideally you need an auto-spark.

I'd offer my services but you're a little far from Nottingham - So, firstly confirm its not the fuse! (Even though you have had occasional motor action confirm the fuse is right by removing it and viewing it) Secondly, if you're 100% sure the motor is fine inspect the motor end multiplug and look for signs of corrosion or damage to the wiring... do this along the entire length of wiring looking specifically for any signs of damge; missing sheathing, agressive bends causing potential breakages and check evey multiplug you find along the route for crusty green stuff on the pins.

If the wiring and plugs all check out move on to earths and the switch itself.

Mick

Renaultsport Clio 172
Is it just the fuses in the passenger side fuse box I need to check? Any engine bay fuses relevant?

Checked plug, and wiring, all looks fine. Im stumpted, reallllly annoying now!