ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer Jet Pump

206,172 Cup,focus,X5
Please tell me im being stupid .

whilst ripping my car to bits ive taken out the washer jet pump as it was not performing very well .

noticed that the pump only has 2 pins in the plug 12v and ground

I powered it up and partialy stuck it into water and happy days the water was drawn in and pumped out at a very good rate.

my question is the pump has 2 outlets, front screen and rear screen, but when I fired up the pump the water only came out the front jet / black one. so how does the pump know when the rear washer is being turned on ? as there is only 2 pins on the plug ???

I cant figure this out, unless the volts drop from 12v for the front and 5v for the back screen for example

any ideas people ??/

Ben

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Absolutely no idea mate but a replacement from ebay is about £6 so replace it! Common problem

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've never actually looked at one so could be miles off, but doesn't it just reverse the polarity and how the blade spins? Or was that for the headlight washer...

My rear washer pipe was crushed under the spoiler, when you used the rear, the front would squirt, I assumed as the rear was blocked. Renewed it and works now...

However using the front washers or rear... THEY ALL SQUIRT REGARDLESS

02 Iceberg 172
I've never actually looked at one so could be miles off, but doesn't it just reverse the polarity and how the blade spins? Or was that for the headlight washer...

Bingo, power it up the other way around.

Yep - there's a little valve that moves left or right depending on the flow of water which directs the water to the front or rear...

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. My front washer jet stopped working properly so I followed a post on here. Stripped it all out and fitted 2 new pumps. When I tested it everything was fine. With a grin on my face I checked it again and that's when it all seems to have gone wrong.
Now when I operate the front washer the rear one squirts. Operate the rear washer and the rear one works. It can't be that hard, its 4 pipes and 2 connector but I have no idea what its doing. Oh and my head light washer was working on the left light and not the right but has now swapped to working on the right but not the left.

Help please.​