ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer bottle

PH2 172
Hi guys, basically washer bottle has a leak, which i think is from the bottle itself rather than the hoses, any ideas how to get to it so i can take a look? lack of haynes manual!

ta :D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
My wipers were an absolute b*****d to remove. I ended up cracking the wind screen so just be careful. Ended up buying a tool similar to the one above.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I bought this tool as I struggled to get the wipers off too. Just ensure you get a large flat head screwdriver under where the rounded part of the tool sits on top of the thread as it kept slipping off when I did it. Reason to this is because the shape of tool when it is on the wiper arm, the two "legs" underneath don't quite stay where they should be when winding the top part down. But it's really worth getting one. Just use something to stop it slipping off.

Once both wiper arms are off you can remove scuttle panel. I removed both sections and gave it a good clean underneath. Then you remove the three bolts holding the wiper mechanism in place, get your hand underneath and feel for the little peg that the wiper mechanism locates itself on. This is crucial! Once you remove the mechanism you can access the washer bottle.
The leak I had was that the pump had just come loose and away from the bottle so it didn't hold any water. I also had to Trim the little cylinder down inside the pump.

There is a guide to do all the above.
It's not too difficult. And doesn't take too long. I would really consider getting a wiper arm puller off eBay though.

Hope this helps
Chris