ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

was this anyone's on here?

Clio S & VW T5
I've just recently bought this...

13587off_side_front.jpg

13587near_side_rear.jpg

and was wondering if it belonged to anyone on here, as it appears to have some ...extras... (apart from the modified front end obviously)

So far I've found drilled front discs, lowered suspension, powerflex bushes, ktec racing grilles and an induction kit.;)

I was wondering, as the previous owner might be able to give me a bit of history about it (I don't have the V5 yet as it's a cat C...)

That really a cat C? wheels don't look bent can't see no real structural issuse with it from the pictures whats the internals like?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
That really a cat C? wheels don't look bent can't see no real structural issuse with it from the pictures whats the internals like?

Doesnt look bad enough to be recorded as a cat c is what im getting at......

gally will prob add to this ;)

major parts for renewal:
bonnet
bumper
both headlamps
rad
air con (not sure if it has it)
crossmember
bumper reinforcement
slam panel
bonnet lock

paintwork:
bonnet
bumper
blend wings (may need a repair also if they are bowed or damaged where the bumper fixings are)

and in his other thread he said the impact had snapped the offside engine mount! so i bet there is alot more damage than what i have listed

plenty there to get the repair costs above the value of the car

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

major parts for renewal:
bonnet
bumper
both headlamps
rad
crossmember
bumper reinforcement
slam panel
bonnet lock

paintwork:
bonnet
bumper
blend wings (may need a repair also if they are bowed or damaged where the bumper fixings are)

and in his other thread he said the impact had snapped the offside engine mount! so i bet there is alot more damage than what i have listed

Appreciate the headlights are Xenons, But none of that would be expensive 2nd hand. Spose insurers use br and new parts at renault prices

Clio S & VW T5
exactamundo :)

...and they have to factor in extras like a like for like hire car for the duration of the repairs...
and if the cambelt has "hopped", a new engine, as the insurance company couldn't guarantee the repairs from simply realigning or even replacing the cambelt:S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol read up on cat C mate.

Good list Geesus mate. Usually right about the wings as they are plastic, to be honest they usually go where the bumper clips into it.

Cat C and D can be very similar it's just factoring costs that differ slightly.

Cat D is when the repairs DO NOT exceed the pav of the vehicle

Cat C is when repairs exceed the vehicles pav.

Both are repairable total losses and £1200 might not be a bad price but by the looks of it the bumper has never been off to see what damage is actually behind it.

Good luck with it mate.

Nissan 350z
Oh lawd is that some blind alloys!?

When cars have been modified like the above has it always makes me assume the car has probably been ragged and raced etc.

major parts for renewal:
bonnet
bumper
both headlamps
rad
crossmember
bumper reinforcement
slam panel
bonnet lock

paintwork:
bonnet
bumper

plenty there to get the repair costs above the value of the car

Mine had the same replaced, including the rads. Admittedly it was only 1 headlamp and they replaced both wings... but other than that identical damage.

Mine wasnt categorised at all, and cost the insurance over £3k to fix. I'm very suprised yours is a Cat C.

Last edited:
for reference, this car was fully insurance repaired and wasn't categorised :)

similar, if not worse damage. Could have been the higher value of the car that meant it wasn't categorised perhaps?

IMG_0799.jpg

Johnny, I'm from Bournemouth and have never seen your car about, and HN is a local registered car.

Last edited:
  F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
on a quick value an '02 172 retails at £4375

whereas an 03 53 182 retails at £5600 (not sure what reg yours was fubar)

thats a nice lump of cash to use in repairs

maybe johnny can post a pic with his bonnet open? then let me and gally loose on it? ;)

i can knock up an audatex that would write that sucker off in no time :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I could easily get that up to a good 5k using audatex! ;)

Clio S & VW T5
Cliobefore001.gif

Cliobefore004.gif

I've removed the inlet manifold and TB for ease of access to the LH end of the block, and found that the timing IS out by about 1 or 2 teeth...:dead:

that in itself would be enough with Renault parts and labour to make it a cat C...:dapprove:

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
And add even more to your repair bill....... Cheaper buying a straight one...£1200 isn't looking like a bargain to me anymore mate.

Clio S & VW T5
And add even more to your repair bill....... Cheaper buying a straight one...£1200 isn't looking like a bargain to me anymore mate.

Yeah but buying a car without a s/h you'd have to factor in changing the cambelt anyway; and I don't pay dealer (or even scrap yard) prices for my parts, so it should still work out cheap...ish:rolleyes:

I would say that its an import, it definatly wasn't registered from a Renault dealer in Bournemouth as new.

It's from Portsmouth/Southampton area imo as it starts out with a H, loads round there are registered when they come off the boat.

Monaco 172 (02)
I wish you the best of luck with it mate.

Surely it's going to cost ATLEAST £1200 to repair? in which case you may have been better off looking at a straight PH1.?