ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning : potential chav content inside...

An orange one
Found this on pistonheads while browsing bored, is it just me...or is this 106 not actually too bad looking...

The interior is a bit OTT but nothing that modern manufacturers concept cars don't involve...

Its not really my scene these days, but it's had a lot of good looking work put into it..

Anyways, flame suit on..heres the link....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3787780.htm
:eek:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Really? He even took the tail lights out and put gash LEDs in instead. Also wtf is up with those rims?

Interior is OK for a concept car. I never judge people's interiors anyway since the bit inside is a person's personal space to do with what they want - I only judge the outside ;)

I give it a 2/10. 1 point for expenditure and 1 point for the interior.

Disastra Coupe
I wouldn't own anything like that - however when done to a high standard i'd rather walk around a show of car's like that than a show full of Clio's on 2118's. Much more creative.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Shocking car.

Shocking price.

Shocking miles.

Shocking interior.

Shocking exhaust.

Shocking steering wheel.

Shocking dash.

Shocking,shocking,shocking.

Disastra Coupe
All those comments and yet in the 90's people were creaming themselves over 20s on small cars with big kits. People/sheep.

120d M Sport
All those comments and yet in the 90's people were creaming themselves over 20s on small cars with big kits. People/sheep.

People/times change. Just because it was rated in the 90's doesn't mean it's still good now. It's like flares were cool in the 70's, don't think they are now!

The game has moved on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are you serious Colin old chap? :eek:

Bodykit brothers?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Just noticed the Fuel Cap.... Lol.

3787780-9.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Back in the day I would have fapped to this. It now looks shat.

HOWEVER, the standard the car has been done to does look excellent and I can appreciate that.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen a lot worse to be honest. And the standard of the car looks reasonably good.

Cringe at the exhaust though.

Mercedes C320!
I've seen a lot worse to be honest. And the standard of the car looks reasonably good.

Cringe at the exhaust though.

I think the same actually...i have defiantly seen at worse! At least this bloke can actually drive his car, unlike most of the people in the 'euro scene' that like a stupidly low car with stupid camber!

Last edited:
  BMW 330D
When I was 9 I would look at stuff like this in revs and max power and think it was amazing. However I was 9, I can't believe grown men drive things like this. No matter how much you spend your still drivin a French tin can.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Wow that's a blast from the past, I remember when this was being built back around 2000 - 2001 time.

The quality of work was second to none, I guess as we grow up our tastes change as back when it was being built it was 'cool' not so much now ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Back in the day I would have fapped to this. It now looks shat.

HOWEVER, the standard the car has been done to does look excellent and I can appreciate that.

Agree 100%.

TBH I was looking back at all the cars that I used to look upto when building my old Clio, Massey's 106, The Orange Saxo on 20's etc and I can honestly say I think that those cars are a hell of alot better than the modified tat around today. Stance, silly cambered RAT stuff for example.

OEM+ is a nice trend though.

EDIT. I remember this on the cover of a Mag! http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2735124.htm

An orange one
I wasn't saying I was gonna rush out and buy it, lol

I was merely thinking that it doesn't look too bad and I wouldn't laugh walking past it..
it doesn't scream chav to me to be honest, theres no unnecessary vents scoops spoilers and graphics etc,

To me it's a 106 in a nice colour with big wheels and subtle styling that looks finished to a standard that most Factory renaults can only dream about,

SRS question; do you think that this:

3787780-4.jpg

looks as good as/better than this:

5808451129_dce7be98fb_z.jpg

It looks like a chavs MaxPower wet dream!
The rear end looks weird without lights, and doesn't match the front at all IMO.
I can appreciate it's been done to a very high standard, and I'm sure it cost him tens of thousands of pounds, but I'd rather have a standard one and a deposit on a house TBH!

Kawasaki ER6N
The quality of the work is very good and I don't all together hate it.

There are far worse cars on this site.

An orange one
You can't really compare the 2 though can you...

If you were comparing the red one to a tasty GTi on cyclones and bilsteins which would would you have then?

Fair point.

But IMO the one in your OP screams 90's MaxPower. Surely anyone with any sort of taste (which I know you have, having seen your Pole Positions/V6) would think it just looks ridiculous? It's just too OTT...