ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Light!! Worried!!

Renault Clio DCI 100
Hi there people,

Just bought my clio and after a week a warning light came up on the way to work this morning.

The car is driving perfectly fine no issues while this light was on a but looked in the owners manual and said can be water in the oil or electrical fault, which seems quite a wide range. Any ideas what this could be?

The warning light looks like this

21lu9tt.png

Any help with this would be fantastic as i need the car for work and i'm worried that if i continue to use it with this on i could be causing damage :(

Help

From Worried clio owner

Renault Clio MK4 RS
when my headgasket went the one above that one lit up with the small word stop. and the top corner one. Usually its for handbrake? check to see if its fully down :)

Renault Clio DCI 100
Sorry ment to mention its the orange one that is lit up in the photo not any other warning lights that were on.

From what ive heard this is down to an electrical fault somewhere. Would be hard to say where though if theres no changes in how the car drives etc :S

Renault Clio DCI 100
yeah thats what i thought :( Going to book car into a garage to get it checked over, thought i would post incase anyone might know. Fingers crossed its not bad only had it a week :(

Renault Clio DCI 100
Na not at all although i did give the car a was the night before but no warning lights were on at all after that till the next day.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Id check spark plug wells for water. Could be some water got into engine bay and got in there.

04BGFF182CLIORS
when my headgasket went the one above that one lit up with the small word stop. and the top corner one. Usually its for handbrake? check to see if its fully down

Not sure if srs? lol

Renault Clio DCI 100
Drove it back from work and back to work this morning and no warning light came on, so maybe it was some water thats dried out now? Who knows but its gone now, still think i'll get it checked out dont want my clio going wrong

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Not sure if srs? lol

Haha, I think this chap meant for the handbrake symbol. Obviously the OP was meaning the electrical fault symbol and just happened to have the handbrake on at the same time!

Yeah i was on my phone and didnt actually see the one in orange! Yeah if i was you id check the wiring near the covers as im sure thats a common fault on clios for the cover to be loose and wear into the wires causing electrical faults :)

Hope you get it sorted!

Renault Clio DCI 100

Going to get car in for a full service on friday or saturday fingers crossed :) and get it checked but the warning light never came on again