ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning Light Query - Power Loss

Clio
The other day i was driving back to uni (note, it was pissing it down as well) and the light that looks like a glow plug and has another little light above it came on and i lost all revs/power.
pulled over and when it was idling the revs bounced then dropped, when i put my foot down the revs wouldn't go past 20,000. turned it off and waited about 10 mins and the light went and the power was back again. drove off and about 10/15 miles down the road it did it again and i repeated the process of turning it off and leaving it....it did it about 5 times regarless of how fast i was driving it would happen at any given moment.
it also happened a couple of days before but it was a sunny day and it only happened once and went within a couple of mins and didn't come back for the drive back from brighton to crawley.
renault said take it in for a £40 diagnostic, not too keen on that tho. my friend had the same problem and had hers checked out and they said it was a cable hanging out/loose?
just wondering if anyone's had this problem and if there's anything i should check first before i lose £40 to renualt.
cheers

Big f**king bump for this, the exact same thing happened to mine today. Im gna guess its the coilpacks but hope not..

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Happened in my 1.2 when it was cold. IIRC Coils need replacing as Daniel said

Cup 172
might not be the coilpack ... i had this exact same problem and it was the sparkplugs had filled with water... causing the engine to misfire... it usually happens as you said "when it pisses it down" and it floods the plugs... take it to agarage and they will blow them out for you ... i did it and it only cost me £40

How easy is it to replace the coil packs? How many of them are there ? And how much ?
It hasnt rained here for the past few weeks and i have an engine cover and a bonnet on my car ;) lol.