ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning light for exhaust gases and electronic fault light on, restricted power

Clio 172
Hi...
Driving home tonight and the electronic fault light come on.

My car is a Clio 172

This has happened before and last time turned the engine off, back on and it went out and drove fine again. It restricts power when this light is on.
Now this light comes on constantly so no power, does go out when turning engine on and off again but just comes on again.

Now the light for exhaust gases has come on and won't go out (quoting the light names from the manual)

I have used Torque for android and it has produced the following code:

yjujubum.jpg

This is the lights on my dash:

zagyryqe.jpg

Can somebody give me some ideas? Many Thanks for any replays

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I could be wrong here but although it logs as a fault im pretty sure the pedal/throttle sensor isn't actually a fault. someone correct me if in wrong but sure when I used my rs tuner a while back it had that same fault but with brackets next to it saying not a fault or something.

I could be wrong here but although it logs as a fault im pretty sure the pedal/throttle sensor isn't actually a fault. someone correct me if in wrong but sure when I used my rs tuner a while back it had that same fault but with brackets next to it saying not a fault or something.

This does ring a bell tbh. 100% certain my 182 displayed a similar fault with (Not a fault) next to it.

Maybe someone with RSTuner can verify if its this exact 'fault?'

Clio 172
Re: Warning light for exhaust gases and electronic fault light on, restricted powe

Cheers for the replys. Anything I can try/check today?

Twingo 133,172 Racer
mine done this and came up with the codes for oxygen sensor, changed it and hasnt been a problem for the past 2 trackdays :)

Clio 172
Just been out round the roads, give it a quick try and its perfect again. Apart from this light

yteta3a6.jpg

Staying on nothing else funny happened. This is a complete contrast to last night when I struggled to get it home!

It was pouring with rain last night, roads proper soaked, and I'm sure last time it did it was the same kinda conditions. Could water be getting somewhere it should not be? Its a bright day here today, roads much drier.

I've come to the conclusion it's a lambda sensor too. Mine's doing exactly the same as large spiced. They're £59 at EuroCar Parts at the minute, but they're chuffing closed.

Clio 172
Is looking more and more lambda like. I might get the codes read before spending out on one tho. Can they be intermittent like this?

Clio 172
The garage have said they are 90% sure its the throttle bottle. They have quoted £300 plus vat for a new one, but have recommended buying and trying a second hand one. Does this sound possible?

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Throttle body changed, all seems good. If it helps anyone in future I could provoke this fault by being in a high gear, low rpm. Stamp the throttle to the floor on a incline (so car is under load) and if its anything like mine u will find it drops into limp home after a second or 2. I could get mine to do it on demand in the end. Can't get it to do it at all now so happy :)