ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanting a change of front seats.

clio 182 sport
Hi so i want to change my front seats to a decent set of bucket seats or something. not wanting to change to harness's tho as i use this car as a daily. anyone got any ideas?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
You need seats, subframes, side mounts and adjusters inless you are prepared to drill your subframes and not bothered about adjustment in which case do what I did and get seats with base mounting holes and drill subframes and mount straight to them. Gives a very low and nice seating position :) much better than what you get with side mounts and adjusters etc. altogether not a good idea if you are short as you won't be able to see lol. My gf can't even see over the wheel lol, I'm 6ft and I have I problems tho.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If the seats are not a tilt forward option, then you will have to remove the rear seats aswell.

basically, if you have rear seats then you legally new to have access to them, if for any reason you have an accident, the rear passengers need to be able to get out easily.
i know its unlikely tht you will have rear passengers if the seats don't move, but retaining them gives you the option to still have someone sat in them, so they new to be able to get out of them quickly... If I make sense.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I would say, get trendlines if you want access to the rear seats, or get Bimarco Futura's if you dont need access.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Bimarco's are lovely and comfortable for the style of seat that they are, I have them in the Trophy and feel nice and comfy :)

clio 182 sport
If the seats are not a tilt forward option, then you will have to remove the rear seats aswell.

basically, if you have rear seats then you legally new to have access to them, if for any reason you have an accident, the rear passengers need to be able to get out easily.
i know its unlikely tht you will have rear passengers if the seats don't move, but retaining them gives you the option to still have someone sat in them, so they new to be able to get out of them quickly... If I make sense.

Yea sorry i should have also put i am going to take out the rear seats to. and what you said does make sense lol.