ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want my car super shiny!

Clio GT
I've been lurking around these forums for a while now and notice everyone's car is gleaming! So was wondering if anyone has any tips of getting the car really shiny!

I spent a whole weekend last week cleaning and polishing my car and still nowhere near as shiny as everyone on here aha!

Thanks,

Clio GT
Autoglym shampoo and MER polish, I was using other autoglym products forgot what they were though.

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Try autoglym shampoo to hand wash wash the car. pat the car dry with a microfibre towel. Detar with autoglym tar remover, polish with autogylm srp then wax with autoglym extra gloss or hd wax. Clean the windows inside and out. Dress tyres and black plastics and you should be let with a nice shiney car. Should work everytime. Most big brands will hav similar/better results. Shine and protection all comes down to how much prep and time you spend doing each stage.

Clio GT
Haven't got a clue as to what clay and tar is lol! thanks for the tips mate, know any good websites to get all the stuff?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
SAM TRY DURAGLOSS POLISH TTP 105 GOOGLE DURAGLOSS UK AMAZING STUFF GLASS FINISH, THEIR CAR SHAMPOO IS AMAZING TOO

Clio GT
Cheers for the advice guys, I'll have a browse tonight for the products. I'll post a before and after picture so you guys can judge my work :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
DURAGLOSS IS INCREDIBLE STUFF CHEAPER THAN STUFF IN SHOPS MATE used autoglym for years many years ago this is in a different league make sure u clay the car like in above reply lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Ads, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you've experienced many products so be careful what you recommend if you don't have many reference points

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
yes will help decontaminate paint and deep clean it thers so much stuff out there sam to use i was just letting you know from years of cleaning cars what ive found to produce wet look paint

Try autoglym shampoo to hand wash wash the car. pat the car dry with a microfibre towel. Detar with autoglym tar remover, polish with autogylm srp then wax with autoglym extra gloss or hd wax. Clean the windows inside and out. Dress tyres and black plastics and you should be let with a nice shiney car. Should work everytime. Most big brands will hav similar/better results. Shine and protection all comes down to how much prep and time you spend doing each stage.

THIS ^^ basically, if you think some of the prices are high, just get them, if you buy cheap stuff your just wasting your time and money, might as well skip the cheap stage and just get them. I spent so much money trying crap products.

Clio GT
I'll give it a go then! ADS I'm struggling to find that duragloss? Any ideas on where I can purchase it?

At what stage should I use the tar remover?

Give the car a rinse, then use tar remover only on the tarred bits no need to do the whole car or anything, then full wash to ensure it's all off, its strong and although it probably won't damage the paint its best to get it all off

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ive snt u a message m8 with the link im in caerphilly if u need a hand let us know

Beaten up 182
  Clio GT
Give the car a rinse, then use tar remover only on the tarred bits no need to do the whole car or anything, then full wash to ensure it's all off, its strong and although it probably won't damage the paint its best to get it all off

Cheers for for the information :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The answer is you'll never get decent levels of paint correction by hand. You can clean it all you want but if the paint isn't in great condition you'll struggle to get the finish you're after.

General rule of thumb is that if you can buy it in halfords it's probably not worth using.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The answer is you'll never get decent levels of paint correction by hand. You can clean it all you want but if the paint isn't in great condition you'll struggle to get the finish you're after.

General rule of thumb is that if you can buy it in halfords it's probably not worth using.

halfords have got some pretty good stuff now actually. i was quite suprised to see clay mitts there the other day.

OP if your in south wales i can sort the car out for you teach you easy methods to clean and keep it clean. i generally do mates cars on the side but i dont mind helping out

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Get something like this to start you off

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...productId_1002675_langId_-1_categoryId_165671

Then buy some TARdis and ironx from eBay. They're about £10/13 per litre and last over a year if you don't go nuts

and a clay bar/ clay lube.

It's a bit of money outright but it's a great, comprehensive starter kit.

Then as you get more into it, you can swap/upgrade the auto glym stuff for something better (I.e. After you've applied a wax or sealant, don't use autoglym shampoo as it adds it's own poor protection which severely kills off your wax/sealant)

and have a read of this

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-articles-section-was-removed)&highlight=Wash

182, 205 GTI
R222 wax is good but not the best longevity. Collinite 845, gives a nice shine with decent duration and Wolf's body wrap has the best duration. Like others have said though much is key to prep and removing swirls etc from the laquer, which requires using a DA. With darker colours you can sometimes 'cheat' a bit by using something like Poorboys black hole glaze. I have found quite a big difference in using different clay products as some don't seem very 'sticky' I use Poorboys Poly-elastic clay, it's expensive but I have found it works very well compared to cheaper clays I have tried.