ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a New Head Unit - Which One?

Titanium 182
Fitted a set of these Pioneer speakers today
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4826/referer/rc_googleproduct.html

Im no audio expert but Iv read to get the most out of them its best to upgrade the stock head unit

*I want one which leds are preferably orange to go with the 182 interior lights
*Not bothered about cds, would have to be able to use my Ipod with it
*Im not wanting an amp or a sub, just the headunit

Anyone been in my situation and got any suggestions
thanks

hi mate thinking of getting those pioneer's myself are they any better? also how where they to fit are they a straight swap?

Titanium 182
They are a straight swap, the tweeters are a nightmare to fit considering it took me about 2 hours fiddling about taking the dashboard off. Was frustratin

They sound better definately but I want to get the most out of them and I dont think the standard head unit is up for the job

yeah you will need to get a new head unit to get the best of them, but i currently on the standard set up so i don't have a clue.lol. but i will check an eye on this thread.

2001 Clio 172
Pioneer 8200BT, i just bought one other week. Class headunits. SD card, aux port, usb slot, bluetooth and mic for handsfree phoning. :D

08052010272.gif

if your referring to my comment there are a couple of kenwood units that allow for full customising of the display colour but it doesnt look as oem

Now Sold :-(
Pioneer 8200BT, i just bought one other week. Class headunits. SD card, aux port, usb slot, bluetooth and mic for handsfree phoning. :D

08052010272.gif

Sorry for the thread hijack but have been looking at the pioneer unit and am thinking it looks very nice.:cool: If you connect an iphone/ipod do you have to plug it in from the front or is there a rear socket? Also have you got a picture from a slight angle so I can see how far it sticks out of the dash?

Thanks.

even if you use the cd iu50 cable its front input

That's what I thought.:( Only thing that's putting me off ATM.

MT out of interest what are you able to do the pioneer 8200BT unit for including the necessary cables to keep the steering control and display?

for a 2005 with update list as standard.

(Awaiting PM):D

2001 Clio 172
Yea its only front AUX im afraid, only thing that lets it down. Doesnt matter to me as i use SD card function. I can get you a pic showing it sticking out if you want. It does stick out a bit lol.

Yea its only front AUX im afraid, only thing that lets it down. Doesnt matter to me as i use SD card function. I can get you a pic showing it sticking out if you want. It does stick out a bit lol.

Cheers Blighty that would be cool.

2001 Clio 172
Be prepared to not like it :p.

Just fitted microphone for bluetooth hands free tonight, its class :)

Mini Cooper S
My Pioneer has a Rainbow effect and you choose about 10 different colours to illuminate the head unit. I'm sure there would be a colour that matches the illumination of your lights. Mine is an older unit. Pioneer 700BT I believe.

Titanium 182
The pioneer 8200BT looks much better, but as I you can only connect an Ipod from the front puts me off

Id rather hide my Ipod away

ITB BG 182
I have an alpine unit for sale, little older but just as good with the tft screen and a bluetooth phone kit too. going for £160