ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a better ride from my Cup packed 182 with Prolines

Inferno 182
I got the car fitted with Proline Springs and solid top mounts a few years ago. I used to love it, especially on the right roads.
These days, driving a lot more on the motorway I am starting to curse the ride. It feels hard and jittery and gets tiring on a 200 mile journey.
I like the slightly lowered stance but am starting to feel it is not worth the benefit.
I may just go back to the standard springs but was wondering if there any alternatives.
Always liked the idea of fitting Trophy dampers, but never having ridden in one, I'm not sure if this would be an even worse ride?
Any opinions?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
I thought the eibach springs were meant to give a slightly improved ride over the oem even though they lower it a bit? Or am i completely wrong?

Cup Packed BG 182
Its probably your solid top mounts making it a bit hard, the springs wont really make it much stiffer, swap them round and see what you think, can always swap them back if its still no good and you will know it is the springs you need to change, have you still got the original top mounts?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Solid top mounts make a massive difference to ride quality. i'd highlight that as the problem rather than the springs

Stripped yozza'd cup
Do you mean shocks or springs?

I mean shocks.... tired shocks will make your ride crashy and unstable.
Prolines give a better ride than standard springs.

Who are your top mounts made by? I may be interested in p/x them for my standard ones? pm me :)