ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VXR Berg crash at the Ring.

Mini Cooper S
Really, wow thanks for that i really didn't know my hot hatchbacks whatsoever.

iirc, without clicking the link it did an 8.44 round the ring?

I was trying to grasp why they called it a Nurburgring edition, bellend.

The host on Radio One is currently talking about a trip there, as I type!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Just shows how quickly you can loose a lot of money and make life very hard for quite a long time.

Still does'nt put me off going in July, I'll be driving within my knowledge and driving limits. Bring on the 23rd :)

The owner said on VXRonline that he thinks its repairable.

No chance imo, its totally fubared.

Would be best to strip it of anything of value and sell it all

Feel sorry for the guy tbh

Rusty Cup
truly sickening looking at that footage (baring in mind the implications) wouldnt want to be him :S makes me think twice about a ring trip!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thanks jon_r.Does this give people big problems for insurance.And if so,why take the risk with a 15k car.
Tom could of said this but he was to busy rolling his pretty little eyes at me.Little minx...

williams 2,seat leon
id love to go round the ring, but not in my car, taken me 2 years to get the effing to run properlyand wouldnt risk it., feel sorry for the bloke, no one likes to see that happen to your pride and joy.

Another reason why I will be driving like a big girl when Im at the ring in June.

Don't care what anyone says, I'd rather drive out of Germany than end up like that!

Leon Cupra 300
I thought roof damage meant the car couldn't go back on the road? Hence LOL at repairable...

Feel sorry for the lad though, i'm sure he's one of hundreds who don't bother with insurance etc.. i know nothing of his personal circumstances but i'd assume that this accident could realy screw with his finances for the next 5 years!

Turbos.
Ouch. What happens if you literally can't foot the bill though? It's not like you can say "Sure, here's my credit card" for £15k!

My problem at the 'Ring is that many corners look the same. He just tanked it in and turned in with the throttle off, hence the terminal understeer, which any other person in a panic would do. I guess he was trying to look like a master.

megane 285 sport
throttle on or off in the bend, he was going to fast into the bend, no grip and it understeered. feel sorry for the lad thou, rather hime than me.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
PMSL! epic video.

welcome to understeer city, population: 1 user from vxronline.co.uk

LOL

Black Clio GT
not really the place to be learing the limits of your cars grip tbh.......

that aside i feel sorry for him!!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
not a good look! at least he was alright, it's only money/cars at the end of the day.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Seb how is it in any way "LOL" you f**king pissflap.

Was thinking the same, if it was a lad in a clio it would be "aw gutted for him etc etc etc"

but as it's an astra VXR, he must be a dick regardless right?

....fud!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I always think these things must happen when people try and break records rather than just enjoy their car for what it is...

Im not saying thats always the case but then i dont know the back ground but looks like the talent ran out anyways :S

Im also not sure id post vids/on a thread about binning on a track if he was rolling (not literally) without track insurance which i gather most dont..

Yeah i was driving past the Nurburgring and this giraffe just appeared from no where....

He didn't post the videos mate, whoever took the video posted it on youtube and the forums found it obv with the guys number plate clearly on show

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ah right i see, i never went into it much just watched the video :eek:

Even at that, he didnt have to admit it was him, thats just asking for anal insertion of sarcastic retorts from w**kers that will never see a pair of tits other than the ones that breast fed them...

Unless ofcourse he was well known on the forum and was with members and what not and so on lol

Kinda difficult not to own up when there is a video of your own car getting smashed up at the 'ring :p

Bet he had a thread up on VXRonline about the preparations for his 'ring trip aswell :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ah right, bad luck that then.

Wish i binned at the ring, that would have been a far better story than southbound out the clyde tunnel LOL :eek: