ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VVT RPM and advance

Renault wont tell me at what rpm the vvt is activated, and at what rpm it deactivates if thats different. Also, Ben believes vvt advances the inlet by 16 degrees when activated.

If anybody has that info and can confirm Bens number pls let me know. Reasonably urgent...

Many thanks

16 degrees are about to be right and can be adjusted (NO Im not gonna tell ya) normally powerbands around 4000 Rpm (depends on mk1 and mk2)

cheers

cmon people, I need some "exactitudeness" here, so far I have 16deg is about right and vvt activated at somewhere between 2100 and 4000. Also had a previous at 1500.

Can somebody tell me definitalytotallycrossmyheartnhopetodie what the numbers are!!!

Ta

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 23 July 2003

According to Captain Slarty VVT kickes in about 2100 rpm.
Yeah, or something lower than that (1500rpm rings a bell) as he tested it on his mk2 apparently...

Basically the 172 just has very high lift cams in as standard and the VVT is just to adjust the idle, so its smooth and emissions are ok.

They kick at about 5000rpm is just the car coming "on cam" he reckons!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just do a search for "VVT" for all posts ever and have a read...

ok having read everything on this forum about vvt, consensus seems to be its activated at 1200-1500. Nothing on the actual advance though, so the only data I have on this is bens 16deg advance on the inlet cam.

Any more takers?

i have. I wanted someone to confirm the 16degrees inlet cam advance as Ben hesitated between 13 and 16, prob 16, and yes Ben knows a thing or xxx about the F4R engine!

16 deg, last time i had lost the tables and diagrams i made from measuring.

I will double check again tomorrow if you PM me to remind me.

VVT kicks in at about 1500rpm.........basically the cam is phased whenever your on throttle, and depehased at below 1500rpm and when your off throttle for emmisions and fuel economy.

the 5000rpm dip is the cam comming on.

If you really want to check, get a multimeter and rev the engine slowly, record when the actuator gets its 12V supply.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Is it a constant adjust type? Does the cam shift change constantly through the revs, or just from +0 to +16 degrees in 1 hit?

its a simple phase........advance or not.............tada!

only really so Ren can say that they have VVT, dont do too much.